Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
Well, he sure don't look good, that's for sure....

·
1,486 Posts
First picture looks like you can see 2 large growths on his neck. Low chance of survival for this guy.

·
In Mourning ___ Save the Ninja
4,990 Posts
Little water couple double cheeseburgers will fatten him right up ,,,,,Deer are pretty resilient

·
Registered
23,020 Posts
bet he likes living his current life rather than being shot because his a scrawy dink!

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,944 Posts
I'm betting on COVID-19 deer.... :D

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
Might be one to send to the state deer biologist...

Reactions: Bootheel Boy

·
1,643 Posts
Poor little fella. I’m guessing that whatever is in the neck is preventing him from eating, so he’s starving. Be a good candidate for a mercy kill

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
The first photo almost looks like there's a divot on the front of his neck. Maybe a bad shot from last year?

In the interest of science I think you should try eating the lumps. You might get superpowers!
Welcome back!

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had a deer like that on camera several years back and a deer breeder told me that he was survivor of EHD. The deer lived at least one more year and I seen him during rifle season and other than skinny was feeding and moving well. He told me that EHD survivors have digestive issues but recover usually. Don’t know if that deer is a survivor or not but they do look sick. I called my buck skeletor.

·
Quack
5,352 Posts
looks like covid

·
Grrrrrrr
29,950 Posts
Dead on his feet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts