Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
The future 150’s are showing up now.
I got a posse of 2.5 year old future 150’s showing up on cams this year. A lot less hunting around me this year has me excited for next year. But everyone knows, true deer hunters care more about age than antler size. 7 year old bucks with f’d up racks are the new onefiddy. 😎👍🏻🦌

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I got a posse of 2.5 year old future 150’s showing up on cams this year. A lot less hunting around me this year has me excited for next year. But everyone knows, true deer hunters care more about age than antler size. 7 year old bucks with f’d up racks are the new onefiddy. 😎👍🏻🦌
Had many of those f,d up racks. No one wanted to shoot them. Always hoped neighbors would but guess what. Next year would show up with same crap rack and bigger bodies. Once they get close to 300 pounds they push up and comer's out of area. Nephews like shooting culls.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
Had many of those f,d up racks. No one wanted to shoot them. Always hoped neighbors would but guess what. Next year would show up with same crap rack and bigger bodies. Once they get close to 300 pounds they push up and comer's out of area. Nephews like shooting culls.
This is why I run as many cams as I can.... Get as many pics running into archery season. If I don't have any super nice bucks to get excited about, I then shift focus on what I believe are the oldest bucks I get pics of regardless of their head gear. Honestly, I'd shoot a 150+ buck everytime I get the chance regardless of age. But, killing a buck I believe to be fairly old with a crap rack runs a very close second..... :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
This is why I run as many cams as I can.... Get as many pics running into archery season. If I don't have any super nice bucks to get excited about, I then shift focus on what I believe are the oldest bucks I get pics of regardless of their head gear. Honestly, I'd shoot a 150+ buck everytime I get the chance regardless of age. But, killing a buck I believe to be fairly old with a crap rack runs a very close second..... :D
I agree. I made the mistake this year because had pics from one night is September of a 160 class. No other picks and never laid eyes on him in twenty+ days of hunting. My brother seen him one time during gun season. From now on if not a regular on cams will consider them bonus deer and not top hitlists.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
Looks like a very healthy 3 yr old with great potential.... Maybe even 2 yr old... If that's the case, future one-fiddy no doubter :D

Reactions: letemgrow

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
Book me for Late Season in 2023 deer season.Thanks
Dammm non-resi calling dibs for 2 years out.... They are ruining whitetail hunting for us true Missourians....

Phil, I'd tell him to keep his coonarse down in LA. :D

Reactions: letemgrow

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
I am shocked at this post!!!!!

coonarse beat the filter!! :ROFLMAO:
He loves it when I call him that, swears he is not one, but then insists on calling me a yankee.... :D

Reactions: thwackaddict

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
Don’t you have a soap opera or something you could be watching or maybe some Matlock reruns?
Matlock, I'm from the Mayberry era of Andy Griffith. :D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
Andy Griffith is too southern for a Yankee so I didn’t ask you that 😎
You turned another good thread into one on baby killin, can we get this one back on track.

I got a pic of this deer on 11/11 looks like a 3 year old with potential, and pretty sure he made it past the men in orange. :D Spliter on rt side, will make it easy to see if he made it. Sending pears to 8lb 6oz baby jesus that he did. :D

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Wood

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
You turned another good thread into one on baby killin, can we get this one back on track.

I got a pic of this deer on 11/11 looks like a 3 year old with potential, and pretty sure he made it past the men in orange. :D Spliter on rt side, will make it easy to see if he made it. Sending pears to 8lb 6oz baby jesus that he did. :D

View attachment 226768
If he makes it to 4.5 he has a better chance of being killed by meteor than you.Maybe your wife can get it done she may need to fire you as her guide tho 🤔😎 she needs to hunt alone to keep you from barking orders

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
If he makes it to 4.5 he has a better chance of being killed by meteor than you.Maybe your wife can get it done she may need to fire you as her guide tho 🤔😎 she needs to hunt alone to keep you from barking orders
Meteors are pretty common at my place.... Surprises I have not been hit by one yet. :D

Reactions: antlercrazed
21 - 40 of 83 Posts