BROWNING

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by VERNETA, Mar 9, 2006.

1. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    I HAVE BEEN TO A FEW ARCHERY SHOPS HERE IN THE KC AREA & REALLY HAVE NOT FOUND ONE I AM CRAZY ABOUT . ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ! I am in the Grandview / SKC area ! Am curious if anyone owns or has heard anything good/bad about a Browning ? THANK YOU for your help it is truely appreciated !!

2. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I've heard the new browning is a great bow. It's top dollar though.

3. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    There are SOOOO many bows out there- Everything is getting all piled up in my brain . I take a notebook with me & make notes on the bows I like & dislike / now there are SOOOO many notes I need a genius to decipher all my codes ! GREAT IDEA but POOR EXECUTION on my part !

4. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I shot Brownings until I bought the Mathews I'm shooting today. I always liked them, just liked the Mathews better.

The newest top o the line Browning is every bit as expensive as a Mathews.

BTW... Browning archery is now owned by PSE...

Man I just hate all this "brand" name confusion....

5. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    It really does get to a person ! & all of the different models ! If I ever find one called VERNETA'S BOW I am buying that baby then & there !

6. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Browning is making some pretty darn good bows right now. S. Kansas City huh? Stay away from Terry's he's closing the first of April. I guess you have been over to BB's? Not impressed? you may give Avid Archery in Olathe a call, have some really good folks over there from what I have been hearing. Face it Verneta, we are really short on Quality shops in the KC area, or just archery shops in general.

MoBowman ```---------->

7. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    WERE IS BB'S ?( BAR-B-QUE SOUNDS GREAT RIGHT NOW )... TERRYS / I LIVE RIGHT DOWN THE STREET !

8. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    i looked at several browning bows back before i got my frist hoyt (5-6 years ago) they had bows all over the price spectrum i found a couple i really liked that weren't to much cash 2-300 bucks

9. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    THE HOYT ULTRA MAG I ALSO LIKED BUT DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT !

10. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Earl and Millie Foster own BB Archery and they are located at 8700 Booth. 87th street east of Blue Ridge go right on Booth. About 3-4 houses down on the left. Their shop is located on the side of their home. What ever ya do, don't tell Terry your going there:eek: I have known Terry for many years, anytime I feel like argueing about archery I go see him:hysterical: If you haven't been to BB's your in for a pleasant suprise. Their # is 816-763-269 not sure about their hours right now so give em a call first. Good Luck

MoBowman ```--------->

11. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    THANK YOU MOBOW- I OWE YA ONE !

12. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    U2U at ya.

MoBowman ```---------->

13. im an expert by no means but you really need to make sure it has a machined riser. Theres a bunch of brownings sitting down here at the local bow shops that had cast risers and they broke at full draw. i dot know if it had to do with the process or what but they were all breaking right in the middle of the grip. now im not bow bashing or anything but i know down here you cant give a browning bow away because everyone has seen the less than a year old broken risers sitting on the counters at the pro shops.

hope this helps. you might wanna check into the ross brand or parkers but that is just my opinion.

chad

14. bodoodle

bodoodle New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    kansas city
    Hey Verneta, whare ya live. I'm at longview and 71. Might be neighbors

15. olshep

olshep New Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Antonia, Mo.
    I have an 03 Browning Mirage SX. Great bow!!!! But no matter what name is on the bow, it all boils down to what feels good to you.

16. bowhunter8

bowhunter8 Senior Member

Jan 24, 2006
    county, MO
    I know this might be out of the way, but Andy's archery in Liberty is awesome. just off of I-35, real nice and helpful. I had an older Browning that was heavy and LOUD. I have shot a newer one and liked it alot, still seemed heavy. I say go and shoot every bow you can, then make YOUR choice, not the shops, your buddies, or any of ours.......I have a Parker, it is very nice. BUY A PARKER....BUY A PARKER... just kidding.

17. shortmag

shortmag New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    There are so many great bows out there. It really has turned into a prference thing more than anything. I have only owned 2 bows (compound) in my life. The PSE machflite 4R (15 years) and just this year I purchased an Archery Research. Since the invention of machined risers the bows have really came a long way. Archery Research, Browning and PSE are all products of PSE. I shoot PSE cause it has never let me down. There are many arguments that can be made for most bows. However, as for me and my family (AR, pse spyder for the misses, and Browning micro midas) we will shoot PSE.

18. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    If you're in for the ride, I really like Vic's in St. Joseph for a shop. Its downtown.

Parker

19. VERNETA

VERNETA New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    KANSAS CITY MO
    BODOODLE

I AM RIGHT NEXT DOOR ! EVER GO TO RICHIES ?

20. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    difficult choice isn't it?i've been looking for one myself just can't make up my mind.thought i had it figured out on a bowtech and then the guy said he was going to quit handling them because you have to work on them all the time,so now i am back to square one.