Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale or trade a very clean Browning X Bolt in 280 Rem.It has a 26 inch barrel with the gray synthetic stock. It is used, but in perfect condition. Supposed to have had only 6 rounds through it.It comes with the factory box and scope bases.I am asking $550 or firearms trades.
Wood Hardwood Flooring Wood stain Electronic instrument

· Registered
Fly rod!
4,236 Posts
Those were SHOT Show specials with the 26" tubes. I bought one in .280. It shot sub 1/2" groups the very first time I shot it, with the first handloads I worked up for it. Bought another identical. Put the same handload in it, went out back and shot sub1/2" with it also. For some reason, with the 26" barrels and Browning recoil pads these guns are SOFT recoiling. Less than my 7mm08s.
140 gr Nosler Accubonds at 3040 fps perform extremely well on game. All animals shot with this load have died in their footprints. I have only taken 10 deer sized animals with the load, but it has performed flawlessly. These rifles are as close to my hunting rifle nervana as I have found in my 4+ decades long search for "the one".
Couldn't stand the grey stocks, so I epoxy coated them. Also dremeled out the forends and added JB weld to firm them up, and epoxy bedded them for no reason other than to say they were bedded. They shot lights out before. Also added MCarbo trigger spring kits which got me down to about 2 lbs on the triggers. Didn't need that either as they shot great out of the box... but it made them mine. These rifles LOVE H4831 SC.
Ecoregion Natural environment Grass Fawn Grassland
Ecoregion Natural environment Grass Fawn Grassland
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Tints and shades

1 - 6 of 6 Posts