Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a very nice browning a5 12 gauge for sale, by numbers it was made in 1961. 28in 2and3/4 shells, marked special steel barrel with poly choke, gun is very clean no rust,no cracks in forearm or anywhere else,just some slight handling marks.looking to get $400. out of. thanks

[file]97389[/file] [file]97391[/file] [file]97393[/file]

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
[rquote=1598610&tid=110866&author=macon county boy]nice too bad its not a little older i like the ones with blonde wood[/rquote]

age doesn't determine the wood. I have a 1966 sweet 16 that is a blondie with a round knob.

nice gun... good luck

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
There is a market but honestly for me I can't get past the polychoke. Just kind of makes it less attractive. If it was a vent rib gun that would also help. Also if I were you I would take some better pics of the reciever so the condition can be more accurately judged. Just some thoughts to consider.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i tried to get better pics of the reciever but the flash made it to blurry to see a good pic. that and a cheap camera plus the guy taking the pics don`t know squat about cameras. but thanks for the advice

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,487 Posts
[rquote=1601747&tid=110866&author=macon county boy]bb i know age doesnt determine the wood im not ignorant i have one early 50s with blonde wood made in belgium[/rquote]

macon - I never said you were ignorant, but if you read your sentence you can see where it could have been interpreted as you saying that only earlier guns had blond wood.

If you would throw in a comma or period in your sentence structure every now and then you would be easier to understand. Relax, I for one enjoy your posts and your knowledge of firearms.

·
17,689 Posts
I personally saw this gun today, very much worth the $$$, and very clean, bump for a good shotgun:cheers:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
bet a guy could take that to a smith and have him cut that poly off and set it up with screw in chokes for pretty reasonable. Those are very classy guns! Good Luck!

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I really want this gun, but just don't have the funds right now. IF it makes it to summer....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.