Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i got four shots in before my loop gave out. It had very minor burring since the first couple days i had it which has been 1 year , but in four shots it was down to threads:eek:

I shoot an older tru-fire caliper release....do you think the release isnt opening the way it should under tension and tearing up the loop as it releases? Its been my go-to release and i really like it, should i buy another?

Or do you guys think it could be bad material the loop was made of?

Im totally confused on this because the loop was put on when i bought the bow just 1 year ago. Ive had loops before but none ever did this.

Anyone else ever have this happen? Or have you heard of it? im getting it fixed tommorrow so hopefully it wont happen again!:cheers:

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
May have a bit of a burr or a nick in your caliper release that wears the string more. I'd take a close look at it. The loop should last longer than that. I use a rope release and have for about 10 years now, and believe it or not, I have never had to change the rope:eek:

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
My bet would be a sharp edge or burr on your release cutting your rope. Especially the way you said it started fraying it.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
I got into the new age with a string loop and bought an Winn Free flight loop release. It's sweet. Just a hook that goes on the loop no two piece any thing.

http://www.winnarchery.com/loop.html

·
Registered
240 Posts
Once it starts to fray it is all down hill from there, it will eventually break.It is just a metter of time. If your new one begins to fray you know you have problems.
I have loops on bows several years old with no problems, so it is probably a burr on your release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.