Broadheads

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by jwgossage, Nov 5, 2010.

1. jwgossage

jwgossage New Member

Hello Everyone- I have not bought broadheads for about 5 years. I have 2 left they are rocky mountain snipers- I like them but wondering what else might be better out there. Any suggestions for me?

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Lots of choices out there....I like fixed blades, and shoot Magnus with a Lifetime Warranty!!!:claphands::wave:

3. icbigiowabucks

icbigiowabucks New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Knoxville Iowa
    Im a Big muzzy fan, but this year being layed off had to cut expenses so I got the cheaper ones at walmart they are realtree and look like a muzzy but $10 instead of 20, shot a big doe hit her alittle far back but made a nice hole and found her piled up 30yds,

4. MOhunter46

MOhunter46 New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Sedalia,MO
    Anything made of steel. I try to stay away from aluminum but thats just me.

5. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Lots of info about them in the Archery hunting forum; do a search for "broadheads" and it'll bring up several threads about them.

6. twn417

twn417 Senior Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Southern Illinois
    G-3 broadheads are all steel.

7. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    If you shoot a fixed blade id shoot a G5 montec. But i shoot a trophy ridge meat seeker 3 blade expandable. They shoot exactly like field points

8. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
  9. HomertheHunter

HomertheHunter Active Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Kearney, MO
    Rage or NAP Bloodrunner

10. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Troy,
    I shoot the cheap expandabils from wall mart. They are Carbon Express. They do an awesome job. I busted a nice size does shoulder in two last weekend she only went 20 yards. And that was on the opposite side after it went through her entire body. They are only 13$ for 3 I can shoot a lot for the money.

11. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
  12. montgohunter

montgohunter New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    St. Charles
    here is all you need to see....RAGE!

[file]146158[/file]

13. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    [rquote=1881784&tid=131031&author=montgohunter]here is all you need to see....RAGE![/rquote]

rages dont have a 6 inch cutting diameter, i dont mean to start anyting but i think there might have been a knife involved in that one.

14. Gutpile

Gutpile Cooler Semi-Elitist

Aug 22, 2003
    St. Charles
    Or just an angled exit

15. 160983

160983 Guest

I like the fixed blade. I shoot 3 blade 100 grain terminal t-locks. For ME these broadheads shot nearly dead on with my 100 grain field points - and I had no needed pin adjustment.

I am sure other brands will do the same but didnt bother looking for any since these work great. I know I can still practice with my fieldpoints to keep the rust off and not have to bother practicing with my broadheads.

Good luck - broadhead discussion is as bad as which brand of bow is the best.:cheers:.

16. union30

union30 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    union,mo
    Rage 2 blade don't bother with the 3 blade

17. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    I like the Rage 2 blade because they suck so bad, so far never lost a deer yet. Most important thing is shot placement, I think broadhead choice is like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. Fixed blade, I like the 100 grain G5 Montec. Chris

18. Outlaw 101st

Outlaw 101st New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Elkhart Indiana
  19. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    nap spitfires aint lost a deer yet