Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
69,810 Posts
At MoJam I picked up my #1 and #2 hunting tips made by Scott Stanberry from Jacksonville, Illinois. [email protected]. The one on the left is dark brown obsidian from Oregon I believe and the one on the right is flint from the upper midwest (Mississippi valley). Each weigh in at 146 grains. I will hasp them on bamboo shafts with Missouri wild turkey wing feathers donated my numerous MWT members. Finished arrows should be around 560 grains there abouts.
Triangle Wood Cone Rectangle Tints and shades

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
QAD Exodus.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Muzzy for my old compound but playing with a new bow and hypodermics. Rothaar Snuffers in my longbow, not sure how many I have left probably 100 but I knew Roger he was always generous. (y)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Rage hypodermics if I get to use my compound this year. I’ve killed multiple bucks, couple bull elk, few coyotes and a big pig with them. No reason to change what works for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another vote for NAP Killzone 2". I'm colorblind and need a short thick bloodtrail Helen Keller could follow. These do a great job without rubber bands or collars.

·
Registered
187 Posts
mechanical broadheads are hilarious... the only clean and sure way an arrow kills is with penetration. those mechanicals completely undermine that process. find a solid fixed blade broadhead. I've seen some progress with the single bevel broadheads but I stick with Montec G5's 125 grain.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Magnus for me. 100 gr. Hornets, stingers. Have a pk of the TOTA heads coming.

·
6,651 Posts
I’ve had great luck with spitfires. Keep saying I’m going to do archery elk and switch to fixed blades with heavier arrows, but still kicking the can on that

·
4,830 Posts
Using QAD exodus on my boys bows. I watched a test or two on YouTube. They out penetrated a lot of others in these tests.
So far so good. Accuracy and penetration good to go.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Using QAD exodus on my boys bows. I watched a test or two on YouTube. They out penetrated a lot of others in these tests.
So far so good. Accuracy and penetration good to go.
Yep the QADs are solid. I bought some for this year as well.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,001 Posts
If you want to see a buck die quickly, Spitfire Maxx are about as good as it gets from a compound or xbow.

I know there are others just as good, but I have yet to have a deer go over 50yds with a well placed spitfire maxx, and so far all the deer I've hit with them have been well placed shots. :D

Reactions: rat

·
Registered
23,068 Posts
mechanical broadheads are hilarious... the only clean and sure way an arrow kills is with penetration. those mechanicals completely undermine that process. find a solid fixed blade broadhead. I've seen some progress with the single bevel broadheads but I stick with Montec G5's 125 grain.
just so I am following, 2021 expandable technolies are junk?

·
13,871 Posts
Blackout Toxic, made by G5, super sharp and look just like G5's version and them Exodus

Also a couple Thunderheads

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,328 Posts
NAP Spitfire’s. Although next year I’m switching to a fixed blade…just not sure what one.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts