Broadhead test video

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by cfdjay, Apr 2, 2006.

1. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
  2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Pretty good Jay....soon as the video blacks out, you can hear the wife yellin about her microwave...lol. Just goes to show ya, 2 blades always out penetrate 4!!!!!

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    UH OHHHH...Do we have a debate here???? I think the slicktrick would have done the same thing had it not been for the transformer. :wave:

4. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    pretty neat so which one are you gonna shoot?for some reason i figured what kind of bow it was before i clicked on it:rotfl:

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Oh, I think it would have too....but read any test ever done, and 2 blades, cut to the tip style, due to less friction, out penetrate anything on the market....old news!!!!!!Let the debate begin!!!

6. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    PURE COINCIDENCE YOTE!!! :D It doesn't sound like those slick tricks are compatible with the easton axis. I've heard the insert doesn't hold enough of the broadhead. So guys are making spaces to fill that void. If you ask me, thats just another thing to go wrong. I'm looking at those new 4 blade muzzys.

7. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Brad, You're right. It only makes sense. I still like a big hole though.

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Me too, I used to use a 2 blade Magnus, now use a 3 blade Magnus, cut to the tip...Both shoot awesome off my bow, but I like a little better blood trail/bigger hole also. One definite drawback to the 2 blade, is a more sparse blood trail. Before my trad days started, I used Thunderheads....I know there are a bunch of Muzzy fans on here, but I'd put the Thunderhead up agin em anyday!!!!! hehehe!

9. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    They gave me some free thunderheads with my bow. I will certainly try them. They have a new small profile called the thunderhead xt. I tried the nitros and they were ok. Nothing special.

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Having caped, and skinned/butchered alot of deer, I've gotten to see alot of broadheads work...if all shots were perfect behind the shoulder, they would all perform quite well, as long as they are scary sharp...But, as we all know, not all shots are perfect...Most of the experience I have in all this involves the thunderheads...85,100, and 125 gr's. They are tough. One in particular hit the top of the heavy round leg bone on the entrance side, and broke the same bone on the exit side, with an xx75 pushing it, on a 204# field dressed 10 point...pinned his shoulders, and he snowplowed 20 yds and died!! After that deer, (my buddies), I have been sold on Thunderhead performance!!! Also, through this experience, I have trailed and NOT found alot more deer, that were shot with mechanicals, (I hate em, never shot em), than with fixed blade heads...If anyone ever asks, I try to steer em away from mechanicals...(I'll get some for that too, I know..lol)

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I hope this guy wasn't serious with this test. It wasn't even close to being equal test conditions. If you shoot identical arrows with identical heads from the same bow into one of your interior sheet rock walls there could be a dramatic difference in the outcome. If one passes thru just two thicknesses of sheet rock and the other hits a 2x4 stud of course there will be a difference in penitration. The only thing that made sence is the initial penitration pattern of the difference from 2 blades to the 4 blade broadhead........stupid video but entertaining none the less.

12. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I had a horrible experience with a mechanical last year and will never shoot them again. Vince will definitely argue with us. To me, its just another thing to go wrong.

13. clansey

clansey New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Bozeman, MT
    I shoot mechanical heads mainly because I can't group fixed blades with my carbon arrows. When I shot XX75's I used Thunderheads with great success.

14. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Yeppers, I'll disagree. I shoot mechanicals because you can put them on a dime. If you can make a more accurate shot, you're going to have more accurate KILLS.

:D Oh the broadhead debate! :D

Parker

15. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    IF you can make an accurate shot.....that leaves me out :banghead:

16. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    My Muzzys shoot AT LEAST as good as my practice tips. Sometimes I think they add stability and my arrows actually fly BETTER. I think I might switch to 4 blade Muzzys this year but will definately never shoot mechanicals.

17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    NEVER SAY NEVER!

18. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Ok, I'll revise my statement.

I will never shoot mechanicals UNLESS fixed blade broadheads are no longer manufactured (fat chance) and I can't find them on Ebay or any other internet site or at any pawn shop, on any clearance rack and I'm completely out of them at home.

Better?

19. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Would have been interesting to plug that microwave in before the test! Maybe put a couple hot-pockets in there or something. :rotfl:

20. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Jmac, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!! If your 3 blade muzzy's are flying that good, no reason to change to 4's....3 blades are plenty good!!!!!