Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if as the archery season approaches and everyone is trying out new product, if we could get a sticky thread that would allow us to review broadheads.

I recently tried the wasp bullet and fell in love. They have a low profile like the slick tricks with 3 blades and a 1 inch cutting diameter. I looked into these because of a good review of them on another site. They fly true and right on with my field points.

I give them a 5 out of 5 star review.

·
5,632 Posts
I've been shooting 100gr 3-blade Muzzy's and I love the way they fly. But I might switch to 4-bladers this year. I heard they add alittle stability.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
I've been shooting 100gr 3-blade Muzzy's and I love the way they fly. But I might switch to 4-bladers this year. I heard they add alittle stability.
Now wait...you just said you LOVE the way they fly....if it ain't broke, don't fix it bubba.....lol!!!! Ya go ta changin thangs, thangs git messed up!!!!

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311

Now wait...you just said you LOVE the way they fly....if it ain't broke, don't fix it bubba.....lol!!!! Ya go ta changin thangs, thangs git messed up!!!!
If I don't like them I'll just switch back!!:moon:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Tell ya what, just give me that 40 bucks and we'll both be happy!!!!lol

Oh, and just so's ya know, I sharpen me own....Magnus, both 2 blade and 3, they fly the same, long as ya spintest em!!!! Jmac, let me borrow yo arm, see if these things are sharp....hehehe

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by MoBowman
OK it's there, and this be it:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->
THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
3 blade muzzy's 100 gr

can't beat them there bad to the bone

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Magnus Stinger 4 blades. You break em they replace em and the fly great!

BTH

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
100 Gr. GRIM REAPERS!!!;)

·
2,835 Posts
I have been using the 75 grain Wasp Hi tech hammers for around ten years now. Flies right with my field points, awesome penetration, super strong, and works with my setup and weight/kinetic energy formula. Like someone said earlier, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Boog

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I shoot NAP Spitfire 100's......and it ain't broke......so I ain't fixing it. If I ever get out for an elk hunt in CO, I'll be looking for a good fixed blade, but until then, I'm sticking with what I've got. No rubber bands, never had a problem with a blade not opening, shoot straight, 2" high off of my field tips at 20 yards. I shoot field tips during the summer, and switch to Spitfires 3-5 sessions before season.

Parker

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great post Keith!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I'm leaning toward 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy's again this year unless I find something new I like.

I tried 100 gr Crimson Talons, but IMHO the twist in the blades deteriorates the life of the blades.
After 9-15 target shots I was snapping blades. Granted they can be replaced but I have found the life, replacement cost and sharpenability of Muzzy's the best so far. I will try something new and let yall know my opinion.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,291 Posts
My first deer last year with a bow, I was using Muzzy 100 gr. 3 blade. And it broke the upper part of the front shoulder blade and went through the other side. Not a clean pass through, but that baby had enough punch to do the job!

One other guy I know, swears by Eastman Outfitters mechanical broadheads. He said he's never had to track a deer very far using these. The only place he's found them though, is at Keystone Country Store.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.