Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bringing the past back to life... my tribute set to my 5th G-Grandfather - 'Zeke' lives!!!

.54 cal rifle by Mike Davis, horn my Kevin Hart, bag by me. David Crisalli and Ben Hoffman also have some of their handiwork involved.

IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG
IMG_0975.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0974.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
map.jpg
map_1.jpg
name.jpg

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,795 Posts
Beauty. :tup:

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
Exquisite Mike, absolutely exquisite! I've been over that same country....but I didn't do it like he did and the natives weren't out to scalp me!!

Reactions: fishshooter and WBF

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow, that is really really nice!Nothing more intense than hunting with flintlock... when you have a flash inched from eye and trying not to flinch

·
King of Callaway
42,572 Posts
If it shoots half as good as it looks it's a piece of art. The powder horn is really something.

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Registered
21,657 Posts
That is absolutely beautiful and to be honest, so many moving parts or steps I would need to follow there is zero way I wouldn’t lose, soak, break, misplace or just screw up that I would never really kill anything! Rather I would be toting around a weapon that I would have to club a deer with to kill it! Hats off for taking it primitive! After all, that is what the Muzzleloader season was supposed to be about, not inlines and ARs!

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
If I am up to it health wise late dec I’m headed out too. I still have not bloodied that Hawken that Yankee refinish the wood on. It’s not a flint lot but it is cap and ball and much more traditional in my opinion than these in lines and AR pistols. To be honest at this point with the “alternative “ season the way it is, I think they should include shotgun slugs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Damn, that’s nice

·
Registered
For hunting its typically a single shot BP rifle or carbine. Fishing is my Mitchell 300 combo
3 Posts
She's beautiful alright. I'm with you, I much prefer traditional muzzle loaders. Nothing comes together quite like the swish-boom of a nice old flinter, especially when there is a nice deer laying on it's side at the other end.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts