bring them out in shooting hours?

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by coledxt, Oct 31, 2010.

1. coledxt

coledxt New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    i have been getting tons of bucks at around midnight. Any suggestions on how to get them coming during shooting hours?

2. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    The bucks are moving durring the day light hrs. Just the few minuts of start of daylight and then again mid day soem time and then they start to move again rt befor dark.

They just are not bedding down by where you are setting up to hunt them.

This year with the abundance of acorns in the woods the deer dont ahve to move fare from food sorce to bedding spot. Often tehy bed amonst the acorns they eatting.

But not to worry the bucks will start a chasing the does today. And it will be good for teh next week then we go threw the lull period just intime for the few days befor gun season.

3. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Quit huntin the bucks & start hunting the does. If you know where the does wanna be, you'll find the bucks in daylight hours. Just watched 2 dandies pushing momma & triplets around the timber. I was in an area where I can always count on seeing at least half dozen does.

4. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    Still only moving at night around here to.

5. coledxt

coledxt New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    well im seeing does at around midnight also. just never before then.

6. boatcaptain

boatcaptain Active Member

May 31, 2010
    ELM TREE MO
    At 9am today looked out the windows into the medow in the valley. 10 point buck chasing 3 does. Couldnt get to the camera fast enough for pic before they headed into the woods. They are really starting to move around here.:claphands:

7. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    [rquote=1872135&tid=130359&author=pinwheel]Quit huntin the bucks & start hunting the does. If you know where the does wanna be, you'll find the bucks in daylight hours. Just watched 2 dandies pushing momma & triplets around the timber. I was in an area where I can always count on seeing at least half dozen does.[/rquote]

x100

8. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    yep its doe time:banana-man-yeah::banana-man-yeah::banana-man-yeah: