Briggs and Stratton engines

Discussion in 'For Sale Archives' started by henry, Mar 18, 2006.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

We were fortunate enough to have 2 engines donated to us last fall. We saved them for the classic thinking we would sell them there. We had alot of lookers but no takers. I am soon going to consign them to an aution. Mrb and I were talking last evening and thought we should first make them available on here. If any member is needing a 6 1/2 horse or 6 3/4 horse Briggs engine we have one of each. The 6 3/4 horse retails for alittle over $250. I assume the 6 1/2 will be close to that in retail value. We are offering them forsale for $100 each. I think they will bring that at aution, but wanted to make the offer here first.

This will go into the hunters with disabilities fund.

:cheers::cheers:

2. Mrwonderful

Mrwonderful New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Vertical or horazontal shaft? Can you give us a picture and maybe a model# ?

:wave:

3. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I guess you've heard that Feinstein harpy senator has gotten the okay for the EPA to regulate emissions from all engines under 50 horsepower? By the end of the year, you may have to have catalytic convertors on lawn mowers! B&S is talking about moving overseas, if they do that, so they can afford to build them! I think it's about time for a regime change in Kalifornia.........her and Boxer should be dragged down the road behind a riding mower......

4. xxx

xxx Guest

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    OH! I don't think we need to take it all this far! I think we can all handle a little B&S right here in the good ol' US of A! :hysterical: If you need some help handling the B&S that's going around, please let me know, and I can provide the first person or two with a pair of used rubber boots! :D

Parker

6. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    That's what it said in today's Courier-Journal newspaper (Louisville, KY) I just about choked on my MickeyD's biscuit when reading that. It should concern Missourians, there are two plants in the state. It will jack up the price of every new mower sold, and that can't be good for anyone, either. Plant closings are bad in any state.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Not to high jack this thread, but I am currently working for an outside contractor at the Rolla B&S plant. We have been installing equipment to increase production at that facility. I kind of doubt the Rolla plant will close. But stranger things have happened.

henry & MrB, I hope you find someone to buy those lawnmower engines. That's a heck of a deal.

8. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

It has us a little worried, I work in the PB plant. These engines are the smoothest starting and running engines on the market .

9. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

This is a bargain. They'll fit on any walk behind and self propelled mowers.