Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear how you folks that shot the Braggin Rights shoot this past saturday.....My opinion you ask? I'll never go back...took us 5+ hours to shoot a mere 30 targets...miserable waiting that long at each and every target....They have 2 ranges up there, but only used one for this shoot, crowding all 30 in, 4 stakes had double targets....which really bottlenecked things up!!!!! We heard they had 150 shooters...Heck, you can shoot the Budshoot, with 48 targets and 400 shooters in that amount of time or less!!!!!! Did I mention miserable????:boohoo:

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
sounds like you had real bad time ,why in the heck did they just use one range.man i bet they got told about it time after time.if it was me i would have just left and demanded my money back. waiting in line just sucks time after time.one qustion was it HOT.i bet hey just ruined their shoot.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
last year, it took me probably 6 hours to shoot it....b/c i started late (around 9 30).

i learned my lesson last year and we started shooting at 8, and got done around noon. we moved about as fast as we wanted to in the heat. we go held up at the stations doubled up.

using both courses for the 30 targets would've probably been better. but it is alot more walking in the heat (last year it was 40 targets on 2 courses).

but for those that shoot early, it's nice to only have 1 side open to breeze through. if there are 2 sides and you get there early, you'll only be able to breeze through the one side, but get held up on the other side...danged if you do, danged if you don't...

i'll be back next year for sure!! mabye i'll start shooting at 7 next year!:cheers:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We started shooting at 830, 845...I would just as soon been walking more, than standing in that heat...If they woulda spread those 30 targets out on 2 ranges, there wouldn't have been NEAR the wait...IMO.

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Glad I didn't make the drive, going that distance and then having to wait all day wouldn't have been good. Sounds kinda like the MBH State Championships up in Moberly a couple of years ago. Took about 4 hours to get thru the 1st 20 targets. Many folks just left after that, by the time we got done with the course they had already started giving away the door prizes and were ready to give awards until many folks started hollering. Kinda of a cluster then.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
fireman. Thanks for the report!

Kinda glad I din't go. If a body wanted to stand in line, he could do that at Wal-Mart, at least it would have been cooler.
No doubt....I would prolly go to one of GreenHills regular shoots again, I like the course, except for the double targets...but if ya gots 2 courses, use em guys....

MoBowman...I went to a state shoot YEARS ago, down at Lebanon...prolly 8-10 yrs ago?, I'll never do another one of those either...lol.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
glad i missed that one

i hate it when they have double shoots 90% of the time it ends up with a pile of people waiting why don't they realize this?

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,685 Posts
We used to shoot Greenhils a couple times a year. Wasn't an awful shoot back then, but not one of my favorites by any means. At the time, Jenny & I were 2 of the motivating factors in Macon County Bowhunters, so we tried to support all the local shoots.

I try not to judge to harshly the guys that are spending their days & evenings off trying to make a good time for me. When you volunteer to keep an archery range open, you'll get paid lousy & criticized constantly. It's a lot of work & responsibility to run an archery range. The people doing the work occasionally like to hear positive feedback.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by pinwheel
We used to shoot Greenhils a couple times a year. Wasn't an awful shoot back then, but not one of my favorites by any means. At the time, Jenny & I were 2 of the motivating factors in Macon County Bowhunters, so we tried to support all the local shoots.

I try not to judge to harshly the guys that are spending their days & evenings off trying to make a good time for me. When you volunteer to keep an archery range open, you'll get paid lousy & criticized constantly. It's a lot of work & responsibility to run an archery range. The people doing the work occasionally like to hear positive feedback.
I agree Pinwheel, as I've spent alot of time and sweat here at our local range helping our club...Like I said, I would probably go back to a regular shoot, with both thier ranges set up, but not to the BR shoot, with all targets stacked into one range...Call it "constructive criticism"....

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Most club shoots are typically hosted and run very well. Most problems begin to occur on large shoots that may not typically be run the the actual club but by the individual organizations, i.e MBH, Deermans, IBO ect. ect. In many cases the hosting club does not necessarily have alot of say in the event goes, but they are the ones that catch the flack from the shooters. Not always fair to judge the hosting club or range. The way things are sometimes.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
for as young as this shoot is, i think they have done fairly well. every year is one more year of learning. i'm sure the shoot will get better and better every year. heck, it already improved over last year.

plus, at a shoot like this, it is more of a "camaraderie" thing where people camp/socialize all weekend. the shoot is just the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Fireman, I see that MBH kinda stepped on the Marshall Shoot this year. They have their Outdoor Championships schedualed for the same weekend and inturn they don't post your dates in the "Release". I think I would file a protest with the Board of Directors. If I remember right the Bud Shoot has been the same weekend for many years :confused:

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
mobow man i think they were the same weekend last year too and the release wouldn't publish the bud shoot then either

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
nah mbh wouldn't do something like that:horse:thats alright there are few of us going down to shoot the bud shoot.its been a real long time since i have been there.maybe i'll win :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hey MoBowman,

I plan on making the Bud shoot, but I still working on finding a driver. I think I have one kid lined up, but I have to pay his entry and buy him a t-shirt.

I had planned to go to the BRS shoot, but ended up in San Francisco for Lego meetings on Sunday.:mad:, but sounds like it would not have been much fun waiting around in the sun all day anyway.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Yeah I will be at the Budshoot, gonna set an 80 yard pin on the BK just in case the Caribou is 5000 yards away again. Yeah all us MWT guys and gals need to group up spend the day shooting togather and visiting.

BTH

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by MoBowman
Fireman, I see that MBH kinda stepped on the Marshall Shoot this year. They have their Outdoor Championships schedualed for the same weekend and inturn they don't post your dates in the "Release". I think I would file a protest with the Board of Directors. If I remember right the Bud Shoot has been the same weekend for many years :confused:
UHHHH yea....they started doing that to us about 2-3 yrs ago...I believe this is the 20th annual BudShoot...I think some of our guys have been to some MBH meetings, but nobody wants to listen...We (Marshall BowHunters) believe that thier shoot isn't drawing our clientele(sp) away from the BudShoot, as we still have close to 400 shooters every year, without the Release advertisement.....But, it still TICKS us off....lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.