Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy\'s first turkey

Josh Huber, age 11, took his first turkey on Saturday, April 8 at his aunt and uncle's farm (Keith and Sharon Abernathy) south of Higbee. The young tom had an 8 inch beard and weighed 13 lbs. Upon shooting the bird, Josh stood up with the shotgun over his head and yelled "Yeehaw!!" His uncle Keith had been doing the calling for Josh while sitting motionless for 10 minutes with his (now dead asleep) legs tucked underneath him so as not to scare the birds that were on them almost as soon as they sat down. After Josh was through jumping around, Keith held out his hand for Josh to help him to his feet, and yelled "Josh!" to get his attention. Josh turned around, promptly handed Keith the shotgun, and ran out to get a look at his bird. Poor uncle Keith had to figure out a different way to get up! Josh's dad, also named Keith (Sharon's brother), helped out with the calling as well. Here's a pic.

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Congrats :cheers:. Sounds like the age 11 is a good age to get a turkey, one of my boys got his first this year also 11 years of age. Now we just need to get his twin brother his :whip:

· Registered
8,318 Posts
Good stuff!
Congrats to you boy!
:cheers::cheers:

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Lefty
Good stuff!
Congrats to you boy!
:cheers::cheers:
Thanks, but he's not my son - he's a friend's nephew. But I told him I knew of some people who would love to hear his story, so I got a copy of the picture and posted it here. He will hunt (and vote) the rest of his life.

· Registered
8,764 Posts
Yeehaw!! Way ta go Josh! Congratulations!!

Jack:cheers::cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.