Boys and fishin rods

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Ghost Hunter, May 26, 2009.

1. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Wanted to take my three grandsons fishin over this weekend. First we bought them spiderman like fishin rods which were quickly trashed so last year I gave them all three good fishin rods from my inventory. Well they took em home and used em as toys so they no longer function as fishin equipment.

This time I went to Rodgers and bought three more. They no longer take em home they now are stored and maintained at my home. 8-10 year olds dont think about I may wanna fish again some day.

Forgot I was a boy once.

Live and learn

:roll2:

2. Big John

Big John Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Ghost Hunter we all were like that once.....LOL.

3. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    my first few rods were cane poles,and yes I even tore those up:roll2:

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

GH those kids poles are junk like you I learned the hard way. The girls all now have Ugly Sticks. They may not be the most sensitive rods but they are tough. I did buy them all nice reels for those rods though. I find it silly to shirk on the expense of something they may use for a long time. The eldest got a new Shimano spinning reel of moderate price the little one's got this reel click here. Buy them the best to begin with and you won't spend more $$$ in the long run.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    i've bought more fishing poles than i care to admit. but i wont buy an expensive rod/reel for the kids till....well...they can just buy there own. until then, they will get the zebco and shakespeare combos. theyre gonna tear em up anyway

6. SHORTSHOT

SHORTSHOT Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    KANSAS CITY
    I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT SO FAR, MY BOYS HAVE BEEN VERY RESPECTFUL AND USE THEIR RODS AND REELS FOR WHAT THEY ARE. THE OLDEST HAS BEEN BUYING HIS OWN SINCE AFTER THE SECOND ONE WE BOUGHT HIM. HE STILL HAS THOSE AS WELL. THE SIX YEAR OLD IS GOING TO GET A NEW ONE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY NEXT WEEKEND. HIS FIRST ONE IS STILL JUST AS FUNTIONAL AS WHEN IT WAS NEW. I GUESS I GOT PRETTY LUCKY WITH THESE BOYS. HOPE THE YOUNGEST TAKES CARE OF HIS LIKE THE OTHERS DID.:D

7. Dane-ger

Dane-ger New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Just bought me a new Rod and Reel, im 23 years old and still cant take care of them.

8. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    I went and bought my license sunday and it took me about 20 minutes to get my poles apart.They were tangled severely since the move

9. family-outdoors

family-outdoors New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Warren Co.
    I own a few moderate priced setups but for kids I can't see spending over $30 on a combo. Reels end up in sand and heaven knows where unless you ride your kids so hard they don't wanna fish.

I do get real bent outta shape if they use my stuff and don't care for it. Seems fair. My kids are a little older though.