Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you may know I have had quite a few limb failures on my Bowtechs in the past year. I've now had two failures on my 05 Black Knight, and one on an 05 Defender. Needless to say I was starting to question my "brand loyalty". Today that was all put to rest. I sat down this morning and wrote Bowtech an extensive email stating my concerns as a loyal customer. They responded with a phone call from the assistant service manager Bob Dunn. He called me this evening and spoke with me about my concerns and made a good will gesture.

Here is their good will gesture, for those who don't know that's a Brand New 06 Allegiance on it's way to "In the Sticks Archery" Oh yeah baby!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Can I have a copy of the e-mail... so I can revise and get me a new bow too?!?! :D

·
5,631 Posts
Good deal!! Congrats!

Nice to see that they're working hard at keeping the BT bashing to a minimum on AT!

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I mentioned the bashing. Bob told me that they had a growth of 20% in 2005, and another 30% this year. That's crazy! Anyway, Bob told me that for all the bows they sold last year 2% had limb failures. My Black Knight however had a 5% failure rate, thus this is why they ended the model. He also explained to me the reason for them not having all the parts for the older bows is because of their tremendous increase in sales. So, they are having a hard time keeping up with demand on building the new bow parts, much less the older ones. Bob told me when they get their new building fully up and running they will offer parts for every bow they have ever made, all the way back to 1999. You can still get the parts for any of their bows now, but you may have to wait six months to get them.

Anyway it was a good will gesture if you ask me. I am still in shock, all I wanted was my stuff fixed. I didn't expect them to give me a new bow.

BTH

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the email I sent

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been a loyal and supportive customer of your products since 2005. I took up archery in early 2004 and purchased my first bow from one of your competitors. I soon after made the change to Bowtech. Since purchasing my first new Bowtech in early 2005 I have had three limb failures on two different model bows (2005 Black Knight Dually/2005 Defender). I do not understand why it is your bows seem to have more limb failures than you competitors? Some have stated you sell more bows than your competitors, and this is the reason for the higher amount of failures. Here is my concern; I am concerned that my bows that I purchased from an authorized Bowtech dealer will not be warranted because your company does not produce the parts for them anymore. I recently ordered a pair of sixty pound limbs for my Black Knight, your company did not have them. I was also told since your company did not receive my warranty card which in my defense was mailed a long time ago, I was on my own with the Defender limb failure. I just purchased an Equalizer for my wife and found for myself a brand new left over 2004 Pro 40 Dually. It took me six months of calling all your companies dealers to finally find a new one I could get a warranty on. I feel as if I am not being treated with the respect I am due, considering the price of your bows. It is my firm belief you are cutting corners and selling sub par and dangerous equipment. All I ask as a loyal customer is that you do what you say and stand behind your products. That means making the parts for them for years to come, not dumping all parts because you discontinue the model. I now need the sixty pound limbs for my Black Knight because another limb cracked, what do you suggest I do?

In ending I would like to say I could buy from your competitors, but I chose Bowtech, but if things do not change I will eventually loose faith in your company and your products as I am sure many others in the world will also. Please get it together for everyone's sake.

Sincerely Loyal Bowtech Customer,

Matt Breedlove

·
5,631 Posts
Matt, I know you get a lot of grief about BT products but most of it is just in gest. I actually like their stuff. FAST is the word, man!

The customer service that you've gotten is top notch. I'm glad they're taking care of you.

Did he say anything about WHY the limbs are splitting when he called you? That's what I'm most curious about.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gest of it was speed. The limb technology is a bit behind on the way they are designing their bows.

I got a tip that they will be offering two new models for 2007. They plan to add two new models a year until 2010. It is my opinion that they plan to be more like Hoyt and Mathews and offer around twelve different models. I tried to get more info on the 07's but Bob told me he couldn't tell me anymore than that there would be two more models available, and that they plan to continume the models they already have in 06. He did tell me they will all be the bianary cam system.

BTH

·
Under appreciated
92,533 Posts
Thanks for the post BTH..

Good to hear that their customer service is grade A.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I figure I could spend just as easlily spend 700 bucks on a Mathews Hoyt or Ross. I guess they feel the same. Trying to keep me from bashing them. I don't believe I will ever switch, I have shot all the others and Bowtechs fit me best. I like the speed, and they offer the most. The Tribute finished first in speed in this months Outdoor Life. The Switchback was the editors choice, but for me the faster the arrow gets there the better, pretty much eliminates those string jumps I've read about.

BTH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.