Bowtech Soldier

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by deerslayer75, Nov 12, 2010.

1. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Active Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    Bought this bow this year and let me tell you I am flat out impressed. Have 2 kills under me with it already this year an antelope and a nice 10 point. A flat out shooter light weight and shoots great.

[file]147864[/file]

2. Spartan46

Spartan46 New Member

Can't go wrong with BOWTECH:eek:::eek:::eek::

3. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1894081&tid=131926&author=Spartan46]Can't go wrong with BOWTECH:eek:::eek:::eek::[/rquote]

this is my first bowtech and i must say im impressed

4. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    [rquote=1894081&tid=131926&author=Spartan46]Can't go wrong with BOWTECH:eek:::eek:::eek::[/rquote]

I don't own one but in my experiences bowtech isn't very great, the other day the local shop got the new assassin in and I pulled it back...well attempted to pull it back. About 3 or 4 inches into the draw the string came out of the top cam so it almost cost me 85 bucks in strings and luckily I didn't have to buy it, he is just re-serving the string where it got chewed up ( still gonna cost about 25-30 bucks) so I'm not very impressed with bowtechs. It was the first one I ever pulled back and it'll be the last

5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1904012&tid=131926&author=dodge][rquote=1894081&tid=131926&author=Spartan46]Can't go wrong with BOWTECH:eek:::eek:::eek::[/rquote]

I don't own one but in my experiences bowtech isn't very great, the other day the local shop got the new assassin in and I pulled it back...well attempted to pull it back. About 3 or 4 inches into the draw the string came out of the top cam so it almost cost me 85 bucks in strings and luckily I didn't have to buy it, he is just re-serving the string where it got chewed up ( still gonna cost about 25-30 bucks) so I'm not very impressed with bowtechs. It was the first one I ever pulled back and it'll be the last[/rquote]
    Funny you say that.. I shot a Z7 and a monster in efforts to get away from my tribute.
    No comparison and the tribute didnt need a 2nd loan to buy. :D

6. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    [rquote=1904012&tid=131926&author=dodge][rquote=1894081&tid=131926&author=Spartan46]Can't go wrong with BOWTECH:eek:::eek:::eek::[/rquote]

I don't own one but in my experiences bowtech isn't very great, the other day the local shop got the new assassin in and I pulled it back...well attempted to pull it back. About 3 or 4 inches into the draw the string came out of the top cam so it almost cost me 85 bucks in strings and luckily I didn't have to buy it, he is just re-serving the string where it got chewed up ( still gonna cost about 25-30 bucks) so I'm not very impressed with bowtechs. It was the first one I ever pulled back and it'll be the last[/rquote]
    what did you use to draw it back fingers or release?
    bowtechs is all i've shot the last 5 years and have been very happy with them.i've tried all the other brands and most have great bows its all about personal preference.
    havent shot the soldier yet deerslayer what are specs on it?

7. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    rat, you cant compare apples to oranges

8. deerslayer75

Jan 26, 2006
    Liberty, Missouri
    [rquote=1904055&tid=131926&author=mofarmboy][rquote=1904012&tid=131926&author=dodge][rquote=1894081&tid=131926&author=Spartan46]Can't go wrong with BOWTECH:eek:::eek:::eek::[/rquote]

what did you use to draw it back fingers or release?
    bowtechs is all i've shot the last 5 years and have been very happy with them.i've tried all the other brands and most have great bows its all about personal preference.
    havent shot the soldier yet deerslayer what are specs on it?[/rquote]

40-65lb draw weight, 22-29 in draw length, 308 fps at 29in draw length, 80% let off

9. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    I pulled it back with fingers and it was at 70 pounds but i know i didnt let go because i have a huge bruise on my hand where it ran into the back of the cable slide