Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,631 Posts
It's gonna be real funny to watch their economy collapse when they start hounding on the hunters and the fishermen. :D

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
i was going to go up fishing agin
but found out i cant get in cuz of
a DWI i got way back in 1975
if they keep this up in a few years
nobody will be able to cross there
border.

·
White Board Man
14,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah see guys, I had the same feelings at first, but then if you think about it. They have the idea, the big picture in mind.

It's there country, they're excercising the right to refuse to let people into their country. Something we, meaning the USA, need to start doing. Quit worrying about being PC or fair. Our economy will do just fine without letting more people into the country.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Originally posted by Dutch
It almost sounds like she was making it a personal shot against hunting and using her position to do her Anti-Hunting part. just my opinion
I feel the same way about this. An anti at the gates of a hunting and fishing paradise. Me personally I would have asked for a supervisor. Blevely, the Canadian economy would take a great big hit without American dollars. Many, many hunt and fish camps and outfitters would be scewed without our money flowing in.

Jack

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
We leave the 25th of this month for a bear hunt in Canada but it sounds like we might be returning on the 26th....:peepwall:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
That's pathetic. I would have asked for a supervisor - it sounds like she used her position to to promote her own personal views. There is a such thing as an undocumented visiting worker agreement between Canada and the US. This is used hundreds of times daily as people traverse the borders to have meetings, temporary assignments, etc. in each others country. It sounds like this would have been appropriate here. You and I could go to Canada, and videotape our hunt, but we would not be "working" (unless of course like Jack says, you mention that you will document it on a venture like MWT).

Jack is right on too - every time I have been to a fish/hunt camp in Ontario, the primary customers are American. A lot of folks depend on these customers. Just to set the record straight on the criminal offense issue - anyone with a criminal record is not allowed to cross into Canada from the US or from Canada TO the US, without a waiver. It's isn't one way.

·
just a no body
15,868 Posts
Originally posted by blevely
Yeah see guys, I had the same feelings at first, but then if you think about it. They have the idea, the big picture in mind.

It's there country, they're excercising the right to refuse to let people into their country. Something we, meaning the USA, need to start doing. Quit worrying about being PC or fair. Our economy will do just fine without letting more people into the country.
Actually I agree with you but to me something about this story seems fishy .. there are 2 sides to every story & we'v only heard 1 side. Canda's ecomomy's well being is mostly derived from their wilderness & game. Just to start denying access for no apparent reason seems odd.

I'm not buying it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.