Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let some of you know, there will be a Bowhunter Education Course July 22nd @ the Andy Dalton Shooting Center in Bois D'Arc, Mo. The course starts at 8 am and lasts until 5 pm. The course is free and the contact # is 417-742-4361.

I plan on making some out of state hunts in the next couple of years and you need it in almost every state except MO. I'll bet you will need it in MO, in the not so distant future.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Do they offer this elseware in MO. I must take this for some future hunts, so I will make the drive if necassary. How far from Cape?

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Most states, your regular hunter safety certification will suffice...there are only a handful of states that require bowhunter safety certification...I believe Alaska is one...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Missouri Bowhunter Education Certification Course
August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center, St. Charles
Friday, August 4 - Saturday, August 5
6pm to 9pm Firday night classroom, 9am to 2pm Saturday
Intended for:

Outdoors Skills
Hunters
MDC Kids!

Thinking of going to another state and bowhunting this year? Wanting to hunt within the city limits of an urban area that requires Bowhunter Education Certification like Clarkson Valley? Wanting to know more about the sport bowhunting or bowhunting and archery safety? The Missouri Bowhunter Education Certification Course meets the requirements in states that mandate Bowhunter Education Certification to hunt. Missouri currently does not require this certification; however we encourage all bowhunters to attend this program. Program contents consist of the history of bowhunting, bowhunter ethics & responsibilities, hunt preparation, arrow dynamics, equipment, hunting techniques, shot placement, trailing techniques, bowhunter safety, tree stand set-up and safety, plus more. Open to ages 11 and up, youth ages 11 thru 13 must have adult attend with them, ages 15 and younger must bring birth certificate, ages 16 and older must have a valid ID. Must attend all both sessions and pass test. Seating is limited, for more information and reservations call (636) 441-4554 starting June 21st.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a course in KC at the Cabela's Prairie Center Sept. 16th & 17th grom 8:30am-5:45pm. The contact there is Synthia Wilson and the number is 913-764-2553.

The states that require Bowhunter Education are NY, NJ, RI, AK, ID, KY, LA, SD, WA, CT, MT, NE, Maine, and the Canadian Province of Nova Scotia. Kansas requires anyone under 14 to have a bowhunter's education course.

I'll bet a lot more states will require it soon. I plan on hunting in SD, so I am going to have to take it ASAP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.