Bowfishing boat light planning.

Discussion in 'Bow Fishing' started by Woods, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Woods

Woods Cooyon, Back from NOLA

Decided to add more and brighter lights, that means running silent with just a battery bank will have to change. Thinking small run quiet generator, inverter and 2 deep cycle batteries?

*I have a 12v short shaft trolling motor.

Then get ole GTOHunter out to shoot some fish with me!

Woods

2. sticknmofish

sticknmofish Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Deep South MO
    I bought a champion 3200 watt quiet genny last year with electric start and am happy with it so far. I went with 110 VAC led's to keep from having to buy another battery and converter but I don't shoot silvers or big heads so I have no need to run silent.

3. Woods

I ran silent because I just like the peace and quiet. Im not picky on what fish i shoot. The 110 VAC sounds like a cheaper route.

4. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Thinking of running LED just off Batteries.

For years I Bow Fished for Carp and Gar from the bank during the day.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin likes the Night.

5. Woods

6. sticknmofish

sticknmofish Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Deep South MO
  7. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    How many watts will you be pulling with your lights and how long are your outings? Sure seems like with 2 good sized batteries you can go for a LONG time and stay quiet.
    We did a lot of gigging this winter pulling about 250 watts and never had to swap from a single battery.
    Now a trolling motor on the same batteries as your lights I could see wearing out a battery fairly quick.

Woods likes this.
  8. Woods

280 watts of LEDS plus the 12v troller lasts 4-5 hours on 3 deep cycle batteries. I want to double to wattage and run the troller a little faster.

9. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Mid MO
    If you want quiet definitely go with LED lights off batteries.

10. DonJuan

DonJuan Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2012
    S.E. Mo.
    I run 6 32” curved LEDs. They run on two batteries for 4+ hours no problem

11. Woods

I like running just on batteries, but adding more lights and wanting to bowfish more than one night in a row, forced to a generator. Im at three deep cycle batteries now, and they usually take 12+ hours to recharge safely.