Bow string splitter

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Steven, May 21, 2009.

1. Steven

Steven Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Fenton/Owensville
    I was watching Spirit of the Wild the other day and Ted was useing a small device to separate the string to attach a sims string leech. I looked on Cabelas site and search on google and I can't find anything on it. Does anyone here know what i'm talking about and know where I can find some info on it.

thanks

2. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    For myself I wouldn't use one of those. They are hard on a string. I would put it in a press and take the tension off and just use my fingers. :cheers:

3. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    [rquote=1271082&tid=89000&author=cfdjay]For myself I wouldn't use one of those. They are hard on a string. I would put it in a press and take the tension off and just use my fingers. :cheers:[/rquote]

I would have to agree with this myself. There is alot of tension on those strings, and you are literally trying to force a pin thru them, without relieving some of the tension, you are bound to get some string damage.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
  5. Steven

Steven Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Fenton/Owensville
    thanks for the feedback guys

6. bowbender

bowbender Well-Known Member

If there are not to many twists in the string they actually work prety good. The problem arises when the splitter is forced in the string and splits a strand in half. it will then break down the fibers.