Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I assume you mean that the sight can't go down any further because you are shooting low and the sight has ran out of adjustment. I have to ask a couple of questions to exactly know your problem.

What sight do you have and is it gang adjustable?
Are your pins bottomed out or is your whole sight bottomed out?

If your pins are bottomed out and your sight is gang adjustable just put your pins in the middle od the guard and move the whole sight down. If that doesn't work, I would say that you might need to check your nock point because it is too high. This would cause your arrow to be pointed down too much.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Just move your sight bracket down or up, whichever way you are out of adjustment with your pins like landlover said.
If the bracket is bottomed out then I would venture to say something else is wrong...either your rest or your knocking point.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Your arrow should pass pretty close to the hole that your rest mounts in (should be able to hold bow in front of you and not see the hole because of the arrow) and your nock should just cause your arrow to point down slightly. It sounds like your arrow is below that hole or your nock point is too high, which is causing your arrow to be pointed too far down.

·
5,632 Posts
T-Bone, yes, that would work. But he's gonna have other tuning problems until he gets that nock point leveled out.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Not only that...but moving your peep up the string would totally throw his ancor point out of whack...better to fix it the right way

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
jt...
my advice would be to take it to a local bow shop...a good one in your area and have them set it up for you.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytshooter
jt...
my advice would be to take it to a local bow shop...a good one in your area and have them set it up for you.
:cheers:

Go in there ASAP, and let them help you. It won't take them any time at all to get you fixed up. May cost you 10 bucks. I say go ASAP though, cause the shops are going to start filling up.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by jthielm
Parker by the way i really like how the bow shoots. I can't wait to take it out this fall.:banana:
GOOOOOOOOD DEAL MAN! I sure am glad your happy with it. Put some deer down with that baby, and if you decide to upgrade after a year or two of hunting, pass it on to someone else. That bow's a shooter and a harvester. :cheers:

Parker

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.