bow sight options?

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by leaker19, Mar 28, 2006.

1. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I need a sight system for my bow. Any suggestions from you more seasoned shooters? Are all sights created equal? Do I have to use a peep with all sights?

Thanks for any input . . . leaker

2. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    A peep is a must to help assure a consistent anchor point. IMHO

All sights are NOT created equal. I would look around and fine one's that you like. For target shooting they make fiber optic pins that are smaller in diameter. For hunting you may want a larger pin for easier viewing.

Most sights on the market have horizontal mounted pins. However, I've been seriously looking at a vertical pin alignment. Invision one vertical pin with 5 dots stacked on top of each other. All of the dots have their own pin but when you're shooting it looks like ONE. That way you can see everything to the left and right of your target.

You don't have to go crazy expensive but a good sight is worth the money.

3. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Not all sights are created equal. I am really impressed with the Viper sights. I like a .019 pin and very bright optics and Viper offers both at a reasonable price. Get one with the 7.25" long fibers, you'll always see your pins even when it close to dark. Check em out

http://www.viperarcheryproducts.com

MoBowman ```---------->

4. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Jmac, I have shoot with the Trophy Ridge Matrix, which is vertical allignment pins. I use to shoot the horizontal style, but now that I have this one I will probably never go back. I find that I am able to view more past the sight. And LOVE this sight!

Leaker, I would look around for something that is in your price range. There are also different types of peep sights out there too, so that is something more for you to contimplate. Good Luck!

5. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Look for METAL parts, and stay away from as much plastic as possible. They've all get plastic on them in one place or another, but working parts that are plastic will wear out.

I put this one up for sale here a while back with no takers or lookers. Its still for sale if you're wanting a good sight for a decent price. This would be a sight to get someone going rather than the top of the line new sights that are $80-$150.

I highly reccommend a level on the site too.

http://missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=21281

Parker

6. I have an Extreme sight on my bow, but if I was to buy a new one I would take MoBowmans advice and get the Viper. I've seen his and it is a really nice sight. The pins are bright and clear.

BTH