Bow season-110 days & gun seasons 42

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by 20 feet high, Nov 7, 2010.

1. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    By my math bow season is just a little more than twice the length on the gun. Not trying to start a debate by any means, just pointing out for those that think the bow season is so long. And if you take into account the days that the guns overlap with the bow the bow only days are 80 and gun 42. So, I would think the with the bow odds greatly lower than using a rifle, a bow season twice as long as the gun days is just about right.

I need to get back in the stand!

Good luck no matter what your method, I prefer both.

2. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    Bob...you've been spending way to much time in stand...you're seriously over thinking things:D:scared:

3. 20 feet high

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1883952&tid=131224&author=bowhuntKS]Bob...you've been spending way to much time in stand...you're seriously over thinking things:D:scared:[/rquote]

was actually just looking at the great Missouri Conservationist list of all seasons and wow, we have some solid gun pressure! Rumor has it that all the gun seasons may not be here to stay, we'll see.

4. bowhuntKS

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    If they ever change rifle season to where it's not during the middle of the rut I may consider buying a piece of MO property...

5. 20 feet high

Feb 19, 2009
    [rquote=1883959&tid=131224&author=bowhuntKS]If they ever change rifle season to where it's not during the middle of the rut I may consider buying a piece of MO property...[/rquote]

That's not where I was going with this, many seem to think the bow season is soooooo long, well, that's not really the case when you add up all the firearms seasons.

How's your dad doing?

6. bowhuntKS

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    [rquote=1883966&tid=131224&author=20 feet high][rquote=1883959&tid=131224&author=bowhuntKS]If they ever change rifle season to where it's not during the middle of the rut I may consider buying a piece of MO property...[/rquote]

That's not where I was going with this, many seem to think the bow season is soooooo long, well, that's not really the case when you add up all the firearms seasons.

How's your dad doing?[/rquote]

I know you weren't going there...just been thinking about it myself.

He's doing better. Very little short term memory right now and bow season is out. He'll prob. never be able to hunt from and elevated stand again but I'm hoping he'll be up to sitting in a ground blind with me opening morning of WI's shotgun season.

7. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1883959&tid=131224&author=bowhuntKS]If they ever change rifle season to where it's not during the middle of the rut I may consider buying a piece of MO property...[/rquote]

You and many others. :cheers:

8. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :D Interesting observation. :D I like it. :D

Parker