Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am using a Titan that I like, it resembles my mongoose that I use as a backup. Also I like the fact that you have to pull the trigger to put it on the loop then release and its hooked.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm leaning toward that type of release that you pull the trigger to attach just seems a little more idot proof. and yes I need all the help I can get.:cheers:

·
Registered
647 Posts
For youth - the one WalMart sells for youth under $20.00. One son has been using his for two years with no misfires and I recently bought another two of those for another son and one of his friends.

For me - anything with a strong wrist strap and dependable release under $30.00 - I've been using the same one (Tru-something or another) I bought from WalMart 4 years ago. They're still selling it for about the same price or less.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My 13-year-old son got the 'willies' with a release and went back to fingers. He's shooting the bull and grouping in the kill zone so more power to him going back to fingers. He's using a Koplin glove for protection.

That's why I gave away our third youth release. I guess we could've kept it as backup but we got someone else interested in archery so I think it was a better gig to give it away.

Originally posted by blevely
I like my Tru fire "bear paw" used it for the last 5yrs, started out shooting fingers though.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Does it matter? It all ends up with trigger pull and a surprise break! Right?

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Scott lil goose :wave:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I shoot a Carter 2-Shot for hunting and it is BY FAR the best wrist strap release I've ever shot. Trigger has absolutely no travel and it can be shot with back tension principles. Actually suggested that way by Carter.
If I weren't shooting this one it would be a Carter Insatiable 3 thumb trigger.

·
2,835 Posts
I have been shooting the same Hot Shot AR rope release since 1987. Never mis-fired, no wear on the serving. It was red at one time but I about have all the paint wore off of it. I drilled two small holes in it and put a rope on it so it hangs around my wrist. Don't pull with the rope, but it keeps it there handy when I need it. Boog

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.