bow hunting regulation question..

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by jake13, Nov 8, 2010.

1. jake13

jake13 Member

Dec 7, 2006
    MO
    ok this might be a really dumb question, but can you use your you rifle tag and fill it using a bow during rifle season?

2. Almost positive you can..

3. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
  4. If you are using an archery method during rifle season you must use your rifle tags

:cheers:

5. jake13

jake13 Member

Dec 7, 2006
    MO
    ok thanks alot... and you CAN carry your bow and rifle to the stand during rifle season?

6. poppachuck

poppachuck New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    [rquote=1885865&tid=131388&author=jake13]ok thanks alot... and you CAN carry your bow and rifle to the stand during rifle season?[/rquote]--yes--

7. jake13

jake13 Member

Dec 7, 2006
    MO
    ok thanks alot guys

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    And wear you hunter orange.

9. RznShooter

RznShooter Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Reeds Spring Mo
    ok my uncle lives in arkansas and he bought a non resident archery tag can he use it during rifle season if he uses his bow? i think its kinda a dumb rule if he cant

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1885908&tid=131388&author=big_buck_down]ok my uncle lives in arkansas and he bought a non resident archery tag can he use it during rifle season if he uses his bow? i think its kinda a dumb rule if he cant [/rquote]

he sure can, as soon as rifle season is over.
    no he cannot use his non resident archery tag to tag an archery killed deer during the firearms portion, no more than i cant use MY resident archery tags to tag a archery killed deer during our rifle season. archery season is closed during rifle season...but you can still use a bow, but have to tag it with a firearms tag.

11. RznShooter

RznShooter Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Reeds Spring Mo
    [rquote=1885912&tid=131388&author=Jeremy][rquote=1885908&tid=131388&author=big_buck_down]ok my uncle lives in arkansas and he bought a non resident archery tag can he use it during rifle season if he uses his bow? i think its kinda a dumb rule if he cant [/rquote]

he sure can, as soon as rifle season is over.
    no he cannot use his non resident archery tag to tag an archery killed deer during the firearms portion, no more than i cant use MY resident archery tags to tag a archery killed deer during our rifle season. archery season is closed during rifle season...but you can still use a bow, but have to tag it with a firearms tag.[/rquote]

thats what i thought but i still think its wrong to tell a out of state hunter that he cant hunt the best ten days of season after he just spent that much money on a tag

12. Should have bought a rifle tag instead of an archery tag :shrug:

13. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    MO is a recipical state. We charge out of state hunters what there state charges our residents to hunt in that state.

I my self think the cost of tag should be the same for residents and non residents. But i am in a very small minority on that.

14. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Mybe he should have bought the firearms tag instead then he would have been covered for use of either weapon:shrug:

15. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    well, he bought the wrong tag. if he wanted to hunt during rifle season, he should have bought a rifle tag instead..imo
    mdc tells me, a land owner/tax payer in MO that i cant use my archery tags during a closed season...it wouldnt be right to allow out of state hunters to do it. :shrug:
    archery season is closed...nobody is allowed to use them

16. [rquote=1885924&tid=131388&author=Longbow26] MO is a recipical state. We charge out of state hunters what there state charges our residents to hunt in that state.

I my self think the cost of tag should be the same for residents and non residents. But i am in a very small minority on that. [/rquote]

Missouri charges only one price for non resident tags no matter where they are from

I believe that they took a average of cost and used that

17. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    [rquote=1885932&tid=131388&author=looking_for_guns][rquote=1885924&tid=131388&author=Longbow26] MO is a recipical state. We charge out of state hunters what there state charges our residents to hunt in that state.

I my self think the cost of tag should be the same for residents and non residents. But i am in a very small minority on that. [/rquote]

Missouri charges only one price for non resident tags no matter where they are from

:cheers:[/rquote]

Did they do away with the extra $25 from residents of some states?

When I lived in Kansas I had an extra $25 to pay for my non-resident Missouri tag.

18. [rquote=1885937&tid=131388&author=BigJake][rquote=1885932&tid=131388&author=looking_for_guns][rquote=1885924&tid=131388&author=Longbow26] MO is a recipical state. We charge out of state hunters what there state charges our residents to hunt in that state.

When I lived in Kansas I had an extra $25 to pay for my non-resident Missouri tag. [/rquote]

That I am not sure about let me see if I can find it

19. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    [rquote=1885938&tid=131388&author=looking_for_guns][rquote=1885937&tid=131388&author=BigJake][rquote=1885932&tid=131388&author=looking_for_guns][rquote=1885924&tid=131388&author=Longbow26] MO is a recipical state. We charge out of state hunters what there state charges our residents to hunt in that state.

When I lived in Kansas I had an extra $25 to pay for my non-resident Missouri tag. [/rquote]

That I am not sure about let me see if I can find it

It is just one fee now. When they bumped the non-resident tag to $225 they did away with the surcharge.

It was KS, IA, IL, & I think a few others that had really high non-resident rates whose residents got the extra $25 fee.:cheers: