Bow hunting during gun season

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by ad870, Nov 12, 2010.

1. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    How many on here plan to bow hunt during gun season?

I am but only because the place I hunt on is bow only for now. Hoping that once they get to know me they will let my son gun hunt during the youth season.

First time I've ever tried it. It will also be my 6 yo's first bow hunt with me. Hopefully we at least have some good encounters.

2. citybowhunter

citybowhunter Senior Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Independence Mo.
    Same here. Place I hunt is in the city limits. Bow hunting only. All of the deer I'm hunting should be safe from flying bullets. Maybe not safe from cars. :cheers:

3. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

You know you have to use the firearms tag though, right? :wave:

4. Bigshooter

Bigshooter Senior Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Moscow Mills
    I haven't picked up a rifle to hunt deer since 1997 and I don't plan on doing it this year. There is just something satisfying about taking the bow.

5. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    [rquote=1893797&tid=131906&author=GoGop]You know you have to use the firearms tag though, right? :wave:[/rquote]

I'm in Arkansas and they do the tags a little different down here then they do in MO. Down here you can take a certain amount of deer and it doesn't matter what method you use to do it.

I'm not going to post the rules up here because I don't want someone to read them and assume they are the MO rules.

Good luck whatever method you choose. :2thumbsup:

6. SEMObuckin

SEMObuckin New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Chaffee MO
    I'll have my bow in hand.....at least till the next weekend.:cheers:

7. MidwestWhitetails

MidwestWhitetails New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I'm looking forward to the 24th so I can get back out. I think we will still have some good rut action then. I have some neighbors that have no idea how to hunt smart so I feel safer waiting till gun season is over. They will do their usual hunt from sunrise till 8am tomorrow then do an unsuccesful deer drive and kick all the deer right onto my property. It happens every year.:rof2:

8. olshep

olshep New Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Antonia, Mo.
    :wave: Only because I won't have time to drive to my gun area this year.

9. Arrow Flinger

Arrow Flinger New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Kearney
    I will be out with bow in hand bright and early tomorrow. Same deal I hunt the city limits and there are suppose(a big suppose) to be no firearms. Going to WallyWorld after work to pick up the rifle tag.

10. Radar

Radar Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Liberty , Mo.
    I did in Tn. and I'll bowhunt here with my firearms tag . It makes no difference to me , except for wearing orange .

11. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    My son is choosing to use his bow instead of the "gay" 30-30 with iron sights. Someone at college must have spoiled him?! That 30-30 was just fine the last two rifle seasons. Lmao!

Mofire

12. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    i'll be guidin the wifey till she gets one down then i'll be pickin back up the bowtech......unless i hunt some of our bottom ground feels funny huntin a 90acre cornfield with a bow:D

13. dlvandyke

dlvandyke New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Don't even own a rifle right now but picked up some orange gear, a rifle tag and a couple new arrows.

14. Robin Hood

Robin Hood Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I'll be hunting with my bow during rifle season!

15. traditional

traditional New Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Georgia
    bow all year for me!