Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking a look at these answers too CP. I always hold my bow in my hand on my lap so I'm always ready. I don't know how the guys on the videos get away with so much movement to get their bows.

I know what cfdjay likes the long arms that hang the bow over your head (I can't remember the name brand).

Parker

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
I use a screw in bow holder. It folds up and fits in my back pack. It has 3 sections so I can adjust it and my bow is right at my arm rest on my stand. Don't hardly have to move my hand to grab my bow. Works great and you can get em at Bass Pro or Cabelas.:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Former Chicken Man
20,331 Posts
I always used one of those screw-in hooks they make for hanging a shovel in your garage. With proper stand placement, you can have the bow hanging anywhere you want it.
Cost is usually $1.00

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,217 Posts
I think this what most folks are talking about. I have one similar to this.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
If I'm sittin down, it's across my lap...If I'm standing up, the bottom limb tip is stuck in my bow holster, always at the ready. K.I.S.S.....good theory to live, and hunt by!!!!!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
20 years ago I had my wife make a pocket that hung from your belt. Worked super while either standing or sitting. 10 years ago I saw them in Bass Pro. durn should've patented it.

Sometimes I use that, but sometimes I like those new EZ Hangers.

I think the difference is years ago I always wanted to be ready in case the big one showed. Now I'd rather sit there with my hands in my pockets and relax.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I have several...

I have the realtree e-z hanger with the hooks to hang stuff
I have a similar hanger made by gorilla which is only two pieces
and a ton of the little screw in bow holders...lost count of how many of those I've left in trees!

Last summer I fabricated my own bow holders that bolt onto the treestand platform but don't take away any foot room. They are heavy duty and work pretty darn good. The frame is made of 1/8" steel plate and the actual hanging arm is made of stainless steel. I welded it all up and got it looking pretty. I then painted them with matte black paint and dipped the area that contacts the bow in rubber as to avoid noise and damage. I guess I could take a picture and post it...if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
I either keep it on my lap or hang it from a bow holder of some sort. Like Hoytshooter I leave those suckers in trees all the time. I like the long realtree hanger.

When it's warm or at least mild I hold it. The colder it is I hang it. Same with a gun, no reason to hold onto a huge ice cube when it's cold outside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.