bow fishing line.

Discussion in 'Bow Fishing' started by Pastor, May 27, 2009.

1. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    I have been using cheap 80lb limb line stuff and it is ok but it realy gets to twisting up and is a booger to untangle. I would like to keep it under 100lb. something that is better braided than this stuff. after a while it is like usig three strings side by side rather than one line.

any sugestions. I tried the 200lb stuff but it seemed like it slowed my arrow down too much. also it seems like the gar skin will fray the 80lb stuff.

I couldnt expect much with that line. I payed like 2 dollars for it and it is not meant for bowfishing.

I am using this set up.
    [​IMG]

I would love to get one of those retriever reals but I cant right now :whinging:

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Keep shooting that 80#, save your pennies, buy an AMS retriever, and put the Muzzy bowfishing line in it, you're good to go!!!:claphands:

3. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Hfff shoots some kind of braided Spider Wire. Seems to work really well. Look for the strongest stuff they have on the shelf. It's still small enough diameter that it won't slow your arrow down.

4. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    I shot the 113 pound limb line stuff tonight and it did a lot better. I didnt have one problem with it having memory.:claphands: and it seemed to be shooting plenty hard.