Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
With the weight just take an allen wrench and be patient and turn the bolts on your limbs. be sure to try to turn each bolt the same amount of distance.
For length Im not sure. this the kind of cam you have on it?
[file]94357[/file]
for that one each side of the cam has two posts. Moving the
string from the post with the dot to the post without a dot on
the string side of the cam increases the draw length by
approximately 3/8". Moving the string from the post with the
dot to the post without a dot on the take-up side of the cam
decreases the draw length by approximately 1/8".

Or is it a hybrid cam?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It says all I need is an allen wrench to adjust weight and draw length, but I think I need a diff allen wrench I dont have a t wrench gonna head to my uncles tomorrow see if he can help me out if not I guess ill find a bow shop around here.

thanks

Brad

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Only one proper way to adjust the draw weight. First crank it all the way down till the bolts are just snug don't force it. Then back out each bolt exactly the same. Start with 2 full turns, draw and see how you like it, then go 1/2 turn either way up or down until you get it where you want. But like they said I would go no more than 5 full turns. Now keep this in mind. You will typically get better overall preformance out of your bow the closer you are to the peak weight.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Ditto what the others said on adjusting the draw weight . As for the draw length , you should take it to a proshop and get your draw length measured , and have the proshop set the draw length to your correct draw length .
This is not a guessing game . Draw length is critical to proper shooting form and having it set up right is critical .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.