boundry water question

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Pastor, May 22, 2009.

1. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    if you are fishing from the bank of a boundry water do you have to have the fishing liscens of that state. for example we were shooting fish from a bridge that is half in illinois and half in missouri. do you have to have an illinois fishing liscense to fish from that sid of the bridge or can we fish it on a missouri liscense because it is a boundry water.

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

I would say yes, just to be safe..

3. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    :confused::confused::confused: Good question.......... The way every state is fighting for money......... rule has always been middle of the waterway is the boundary.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    what if you have one foot on each side, and your line is directly in the middle?

5. kgdog

kgdog Senior Member

i beleive your talking reciprocal states .......illinois is one for fishing ,you dont have to have both licences......hunting is different you have to have both states licences.......

im amazed the questions on this site of going afield ,then after the fact asking questions on missouri code :confused:

6. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Missouri is a reciprocal state with Arkansas as the Rock runs in and out of both states----We buy a lic that allows us to fish both waters and its good in both states as long as the body of water runs into both states. If you launch your boat in Arkansas and the water way does not allow you to boat into Missouri then you have to buy an out of state Lic-----:cheers:

7. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    [rquote=1271352&tid=89019&author=kgdog] i beleive your talking reciprocal states .......illinois is one for fishing ,you dont have to have both licences......hunting is different you have to have both states licences.......

im amazed the questions on this site of going afield ,then after the fact asking questions on missouri code :confused:[/rquote]

please note that I NEVER said that we went to the Ill. side. I wanted to know for FUTURE reference. the bridge was HALF in MO. and HALF in ILL. There was plenty of shooting from the MO side but people were coming through from the ILL. side and said that they did very well so on my NEXT trip I would like to try the Ill. side and I wanted to know in ADVANCE before I did it what I needed.

sorry I did not mean to yell so much but I am a little testy today. :roll2:

8. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1271352&tid=89019&author=kgdog] i beleive your talking reciprocal states .......illinois is one for fishing ,you dont have to have both licences......hunting is different you have to have both states licences.......

im amazed the questions on this site of going afield ,then after the fact asking questions on missouri code :confused:[/rquote]

only stupid question is the one not answered:roll2:

9. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

10. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    :roll2::roll2:

11. Whitmore44

Whitmore44 Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    O'fallon, mo
    Most importantly what did you shoot and where was this bridge! :whistle:

12. kgdog

kgdog Senior Member

st marys bridge ,,,,,,,,doesnt anyone read the mdc code book before going afield .....fr

13. [rquote=1271892&tid=89019&author=kgdog]st marys bridge ,,,,,,,,doesnt anyone read the mdc code book before going afield .....fr[/rquote]no not everyone is such an outstanding citizen such as yourself

14. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  15. thompson

thompson Active Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I think if you are standing on Illinois ground then you have to have a Illinois permit. But if you are in a boat on the Illinois side you can use a MO permit. I am thinking this is the way that it reads. Call Jefferson City and they will tell you for sure

16. kgdog

kgdog Senior Member

Im pretty sure he's talking mississippi river flood water ...../...reciprocal states sharing boundry waters ..........
    go for it reb !!! great role models ....diffferent rules for different folks in here
    Do what you want ,sounds like you fellows already do
    Ignorance is no excuse from the man ...just saying

17. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
  18. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    [rquote=1272097&tid=89019&author=kgdog]Im pretty sure he's talking mississippi river flood water ...../...reciprocal states sharing boundry waters ..........
    go for it reb !!! great role models ....diffferent rules for different folks in here
    Do what you want ,sounds like you fellows already do
    Ignorance is no excuse from the man ...just saying[/rquote]

We were shooting in Saline creek. The Ill. sign was in the MIDDLE of the bridge over saline creek. Doesnt that make it a boundry water. where we were was at the main river channel. yes it is up because of the mississippi but we were shooting in the MAIN channel. did you notice that we shot from the MISSOURI side. If that is ignorant then I guess I am ignorant. I wanted to go to the ILL. side NEXT TIME.

I fail to see what I did that was ignorant other than put this question on the forum where some would see it and butcher me for it. This is a place of education and when you get burned for ask questions then someone might just quit asking them

as for me I have thick skin and it takes a lot to bother me but replys like yours are just what makes people feel like they cant ask a question because they might look IGNORANT.

I would encourage you to REREAD my first post and find where i "shot first and ask questions later" because that is what you are saying I did.

Please tell me where I did something illegal. I think my question was to prevent me from doing something illegal the NEXT time that I go.

19. kgdog

kgdog Senior Member

Not refering to you pastor ....That was for the grand pupha reb on another silly thread

go to page 22 23 on this doc to figure out whats what .....sounds like tributaries are a no go.....talking mississippi only shared

http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/2115.pdf

20. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    kg-- its friday relax brother :cheers: