Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to do some yote huntin this Sunday at my wife's family farm. Got a Knight and Hale Cottontail distress mouth call and gonna sit and see what happens. Couple of questions.....what would be better 30-06 or shotgun? What load for shotgun? What choke? Only thing I could use with the 06 is my 150 grain deer loads. Thanks for any help. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
For right now use your 06' with the deer loads. A shotgun needs patterning with chokes and loads to verify point of impact is the same as point of aim and for the tightness of the pattern. Those things determine effective range for your shotgun and to go hunting with it and without doing a little pattern work would be like going deer hunting with your deer rifle not sighted in. No question about the 06' killing power! If that was sighted in for deer season you're good to go. If you think you want to keep the hide aim to avoid contact with the shoulder, spine, or upper leg bones. You'll still have to stitch a little on the hide to close the hole, but it shouldn't be too terrible.

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by looking_for_guns
What time and where in Columbia do you want to meet Sunday for the hunt

:cheers:
I will be about an hour and a half south of Columbia. Sorry.

G

·
I can meet you anywhere man just let me know :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Have fun becarefull and post up some :kewlpics:

:cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
wish yah luck:2thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts