Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought the same camera this weekend as well. I figured for the price it looked good and the pics seem great around the house and in field setting it up. I am still a little sceptical about the whole IR senesitivity on my unit and how the IR verification works. It seemed like it took quite a while for it to activate and take pics. I think this cam will work great over a food plot or feeder but I don't think it will work on a trail were deer are just passing through... but as stated I could get 4 for the price of a cuddeback. Let me know how yours works and maybe we can trade some secrets to get this cam working the best it can!

·
Registered
129 Posts
there are 2 different ways to get the pics off the cam on to the computer. It depends on if he bought a SD to put in the cam or if he stored it directly to the cams built in memory. If he is using the built in memory you can get the pics right from the cam (i guess now that I think about it you can do this with a card installed too), the my camera did not come with the cord to hook the cam to a computer so you have to buy that seperately. I bought 2 SD cards so I can just go out to the woods and swap the cards then use my card reader to get the pics. That way i don't have to take the cam off the tree.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Keith
Originally posted by Parker
SWEET! MORE PICS! MORE PICS! :cheers:

Parker
Xactly :eek:
NO DOUBT, I like pics....did I tell ya?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought a 256kb card for like $16.. The camera says that is 470 picuters on the high setting. I didn't know it would be that many pics so I think he could pick up a 128kb card for a little cheaper (maybe only $2 though) I think the 256 is a little overkill but it depends on how often you want to check it and how many pics you are getting.

Now I have an SD card reader built into my laptop so I can read directly from the card. You can get a card reader like this.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4922349

or he can just get the cord and take them directly off the camera.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3985011

just make sure you get the Male A to Male B.

If you need any more help feel free to ask or u2u

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just called him and he didn't buy the card. I didn't ask about the cable. I have to agree on the size card, 128kb will surely be enough. Thanks for your help. As soon as I can get to his house, I will check out what he has, and what he needs. Thanks again.:cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
{but I don't think it will work on a trail were deer are just passing through...}

Always try to aim your camera down the trail. Some cameras take a few seconds to reload so you may miss a second deer all together.
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Also pay attension to the sun to keep the glare down. It took me a while to figure out all the little tricks to get better pictures. Hope I get some good shots this week.:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Something I did with my moultrie was set it up to take double pics. So soon as the sensor goes off you takes back to back pics. I find this helpful to catch the deer on the trail, you may only get a *** shot of the first deer but with the back up shot you get every thing else. You you just have it set for every minute or more you will never see what is walking behind the first deer.

Also my 128 card gets 212 pics on high resloution.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.