Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a Hoppes boresnake rifle bore cleaner?

I've got a couple and would be interested in everyones opinion. :wave:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,291 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with mine. But, I'd be interested to see what others thought as well.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
for light feild cleaning they seem to work ok i guess

heres the things i don't like about them after a time or two you are pulling all the old stuff right back through the barrell i don't like that but i try to clean mine every once in a while buy letting it soak really well in oil and stuff.

i also am not a fan of the brass brushes wound in them but you can easily take them out which i do.

i still think good cleaning supplies and a through cleaning is the way to go but for feild use once in a while there not to bad. thinking mostly about when your doing lots of wing shooting like phesants or doves or something.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Have one for everyone of my guns...

If you use um... you'll love um!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
Originally posted by huntforfunnfood
for light feild cleaning they seem to work ok i guess

heres the things i don't like about them after a time or two you are pulling all the old stuff right back through the barrell i don't like that but i try to clean mine every once in a while buy letting it soak really well in oil and stuff.

i also am not a fan of the brass brushes wound in them but you can easily take them out which i do.

i still think good cleaning supplies and a through cleaning is the way to go but for feild use once in a while there not to bad. thinking mostly about when your doing lots of wing shooting like phesants or doves or something.
Bingo! Give the man a seegar! They are okay for light work, but after a hard day in a PD patch, you really need to work over the guns with a good one-piece rod and rod guide, patches and really good solvent ( I like Montana Extreme, but most work pretty well, except Hoppes, which is OLD technology, it smells good, though). I use mostly Pro-shot stuff, it's not real pricey, but the rods are excellent. Use something like the Montana Extreme 50 BMG to get the built up copper out of the barrels, too, that can ruin accuracy. As always, use those strong chemicals outdoors or in the garage with the door open, they are STOUT. A clean rifle is a happy rifle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.