Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I went through this evening cause I wont be able to go the rest of the weekend. If you are familiar with the main building at the fairgrounds, they have the front room filled up but nothing in the arena area in back. There may be more tomorrow, not sure. There were a small number of vendors that werent there tonight but had there goods there but covered up so there should be more to look at on sat. and sun. I havent been to many shows either, but was surprised that there were a lot of hunting guns; deer rifles, 22's, shotguns and lots of handguns and also lot of AR type stuff. There was antique military stuff there but not as much as what the last one I went to had, I like to look at that stuff too but dont know enough about it to buy anything at this time. Were a lot of scope mounts, magazines/clips, etc there as well.

I wasnt really looking for anything in particular but was glad I went, cost $8.00 for adults.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I went today, the first gun show I have ever been to. The reason there wasn't anything in the back is because they are having a horse sale. I went with a buddy looking for a reloading press, we only found one press, a Lee Turret Press. Looked like a decent mix of military, AR, hunting guns and handguns. I thought most of everything I saw was priced on the high side. I am not sure, since I have only seen him in his avatar, but I might have spotted Hun10 in the crowd?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I was kicking around the idea but my brother said it was pricyy to get in just to look around, so I'm going to a auction in a few minutes thats got a pile of guns on it. Probably won't buy nothin there either.

·
2,842 Posts
[rquote=1536027&tid=106975&author=magstar67]At the Boone COunty Fairgrounds in Columbia MO. Is at the Brown Station Road exit on Hwy 63 a couple of miles north of I-70. [/rquote]

Thanks too far for me today

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
Most dealers price their stuff high...you would to just for a bit of leeway on ****ering on prices. Cash talks big time....trades are always good but you better know your product in question. Just don't get all excited when you see that item you been craving and jump up and down in front of the dealer...he won't budge much on his price if he knows you really want it. I've made a few deals as I was heading out the door by the dealers wanting what I had or they had what I wanted. I made make my offer and stroll back later to see if they want to deal or no deal. If not?......there is always the next gun show and other guns out there. They didn't make just one of kind ya know. Good things come to those that wait as the saying goes.

I might add...I hate paying $8 or more just to look at guns. :mad2:

....but if I find a deal there.....all is OK..:D

·
Registered
13,802 Posts
The last one I went to, had a table selling "Hotel Quality Bedsheets for Queen Sized Beds".:mad2::mad2::mad2: I went back out to the guys running the show and asked for my money back. Didn't get it, of course, but I let him know what I thought about bedsheets at gun shows. That was a couple of months ago.

This weekend, the same bozo has another show. Guess who ain't goin'??:mad2:

·
Registered
713 Posts
[rquote=1536146&tid=106975&author=DForbis]Thats not the same one at the fairgrounds is it? Still debating going tomorow[/rquote]
How about you give me $4 and I will tell you what you would have seen. That's half price admission!:D

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went today. The placed was packed .Alot more hunting rifles and pistols than the last time I went. had to stand outside for a while too get in. Did not find me any bargains.

The horses had some good prices though.
I am like Mailman ,Cost me $24 to look at guns and do not like that.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nah, spent my slush money at Midway this week on a Magpul collapsible stock and some other things to finish up my AR lower while I was on Christmas break. I just went to be nosey, and try to help me decide if I want to put a 20" or 16" barrel on my AR project. Of course, my buddy says split the difference and go with an 18".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.