Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain in a little more detail the process of preparing a bobcat for tagging by the MDC. The site states to create a hole through the upper lip and eye socket to make it easier to tag if freazing and to leave a pencil in place. Just looking for a little more clarification to make sure I do it correctly before freezing. Anyone got a pic?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,496 Posts
Here's a pelt with one tagged in the right spot. Hopefully with your description and this you can tell where to put the 'pencil' (I like a bigger stick than a pencil).

The tag goes around the pelt area that's left between the mouth and the eye socket, so the tag can't be slipped off of the pelt.

Its easy to cut the hole you need under the pelt with a little pocket knife making light, slow cuts from the inside of the mouth up towards the eye socket.

Parker

[file]80154[/file]

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Where does the tag go if you are leaving the cat whole for a mount

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,496 Posts
The warden tagged RRman's in the same spot last week. He just said to be really careful cutting around the eye.

He said he likes to tag them all, cause that way if you can't come up with the money to mount it, you still have the tag in it right to sell the pelt.

Parker

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,496 Posts
[rquote=1480643&tid=103514&author=94saleen]Is a bobcat worth anything??? :thinking: :shrug:[/rquote]

:shrug: I'm sure someone will have a more precise answer than me, but I'm thinking your price tag would fall somewhere between 30 and 60 bucks this year around here.

Parker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts