Bobcat Hunting.

Discussion in 'Trapping/Furbearing' started by KixGrizz, Nov 14, 2010.

1. KixGrizz

KixGrizz New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Way Out Here
    I really want to add a bobcat to my list this year. Anyone got any advice for me.

2. bigjohn

bigjohn Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Marshall,Mo
    Hunt where there are bobcats.Not trying to be smart aleck.Lots of guys try to call them in open country and that don't work too good.Cat's tend to hunt brushy ground where they can stalk their prey.High pitched sounds work the best.One Another thing about a cat is it takes it sweet time coming in.You have to refrain from busting any coyotes that show up too.Bobcats don't seem to mine human scent so wind shouldn't be a factor.They move best on quiet wet nights and days.

3. KixGrizz

KixGrizz New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Way Out Here
    Best to hunt nights or days? I don't even know the laws on them. Don't know nothing about it. I need to learn.

4. bigjohn

bigjohn Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Marshall,Mo
    Can be hunted at night with calls(best time)but in Mo. no artifical light unless treed by dogs which makes it kinda tough.Season starts tomorrow and runs thru the end of Jan.Must be tagged with a CITES tag before the season goes out by an agent of the MDC.Hope this clears it up for you.

5. KixGrizz

KixGrizz New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Way Out Here
    Thanks for the help john. :cheers:

6. FlightCancelled

FlightCancelled New Member

Nov 12, 2010
    somethinf i would add is that with ANY predator hunting, your best chance is call right at twilight at first morning. at dusk, the critter has plenty of time to find a meal so they will not be as eager to stick their necks out at dusk. dawn is another story

7. golfnut1969

golfnut1969 You're not a golfer.

You can start shooting them Nov 15th. Season runs till Feb sometime. Info isn't hard to find. I've got a place to hunt bobcats. Going to give it a try in Dec/Jan.

8. bigjohn

bigjohn Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Marshall,Mo
    Better check the regs golf.Season closes the 31 of Jan.

9. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Senior Hunter

So do you need to have a regular hunting/fishing license to shoot one if you see one while hunting deer?

10. antlerart06

antlerart06 New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Kirksville
    [rquote=1895839&tid=132065&author=Jagermeister]So do you need to have a regular hunting/fishing license to shoot one if you see one while hunting deer?[/rquote]yes you do need one

11. moose massey

moose massey New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    SEMO
    what are the licenses that you need to shoot a bobcat, I see a few while deerhunting, and see alot of tracks. Might have to give it a try this year, also just wondering if there is a limit on these things. I guess I could look it up But I like you get you guys opinions and feedback on these thangs.
    :D

12. bigjohn

bigjohn Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Marshall,Mo
    Just need a hunting license and no limit.