Boaters please be carefull

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by battman1, Nov 7, 2010.

1. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Almost had a the worst day of my life.Started out great loaded the boats and headed out for a morning of duck hunting with my nephew a buddie and his boy, and thats when it all went south.Got about half way to our spot and I guess with me setting so far back to reach the trolling motor it was to much when my dog moved to one side to get a drink.Swamped us and we had to bail out to get ahold of my buddies boat.Lucky for us he was close by.Lost a shotgun and a couple other things but those things don't matter.Man I don't think I have ever been so scared knowing how close I came to drowning my nephew.So even if its just a quick run up the creek don't overlook the safety stuff you might use on a bigger boat.

2. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    Thats scarry stuff right there. Thank the God he kept you safe.

3. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
  4. squints1

squints1 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sikeston, MO
    Happened to us once too. My uncle had cane rolled up and tied on each side of the motor where all we had to do was unroll it along the blind frame and when he turned a little to sharp, the end of the cane went in the water which then pulled us down and swamped us. Luckily, we just happened to be over a sand bad where it was only about 4 1/2 foot deep. Another 15 yards ahead of us though, it dropped off to 10 feet. Scary, scary, scary. Glad to hear you guys came out ok batt

5. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member