Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took the boat out of winter storage, put the batteries back in, aired it out, tested everything, started the motor, etc.

Had to scrape off the connections to the cranking battery to get it to turn but after that all went well.

Then I decided to check the spark plugs. Looked OK to me. How often do you all change them? This is "year 6" for this boat and I have not changed them yet.

FYI, if you put the spark plug wires back on the wrong plugs....you get a pretty interesting blub, blub, blub, POW sound... :banghead:

Time to go fishing...if DSG hasn't cleaned the lake out yet. :wave:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Well if ya need any help in finding "DSG's spot" I'm here for ya.

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
lol

I'm thinkin the other thread is all about Caf4 just wanting someone to give up gps coordinates to DSG's spot !

I'm with you Caf4, yesterday we had 70 and sunshine. Got the bike out and dusted her off and took my youngest boy riding for the afternoon. Spring is definately in the air.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by caf4
Yesterday I took the boat out of winter storage, put the batteries back in, aired it out, tested everything, started the motor, etc.

Had to scrape off the connections to the cranking battery to get it to turn but after that all went well.

Then I decided to check the spark plugs. Looked OK to me. How often do you all change them? This is "year 6" for this boat and I have not changed them yet.

FYI, if you put the spark plug wires back on the wrong plugs....you get a pretty interesting blub, blub, blub, POW sound... :banghead:

Time to go fishing...if DSG hasn't cleaned the lake out yet. :wave:
I change out my spark plugs every 3 years-----:cheers:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hayzer....I'm 99% sure I know where you all were, but am still waiting for nimrod (aka: DSG...) to verify.

I'm pretty confident of catching a few at Truman and Stockton. I can catch 'em at MTL also but still looking for a consistent "keeper size" honey hole or two up there.

Plan on trying my luck at Truman in 3-4 weeks at the latest. I remember one trip last year that I caught 6 13 inchers in a row to complete my limit. Never seen anything like it.

Oh...BTW....there are NO good crappie in Truman Lake....the rest of you all should stay over there at LOZ or Pomme. :wave::D

·
19,584 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
lol

I'm thinkin the other thread is all about Caf4 just wanting someone to give up gps coordinates to DSG's spot !
Sorry ~ DSG confiscated the batteries for my GPS, before we left the dock.

Besides, I wouldn't want my first crappie fishing trip to be my last...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Shoot, we could print the GPS data and there still wouldn't be too many that would be able to figure out how to GET IN there. And even if they did know, they'd prolly be scared to go. :D

And no, caf4, again, that ain't the spot. And I ain't kiddin neither. :)

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I'm thinking that I'll hitting "the spot" again this Wednesday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.