Boat is Ready

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by caf4, Mar 13, 2006.

1. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Yesterday I took the boat out of winter storage, put the batteries back in, aired it out, tested everything, started the motor, etc.

Had to scrape off the connections to the cranking battery to get it to turn but after that all went well.

Then I decided to check the spark plugs. Looked OK to me. How often do you all change them? This is "year 6" for this boat and I have not changed them yet.

FYI, if you put the spark plug wires back on the wrong plugs....you get a pretty interesting blub, blub, blub, POW sound... :banghead:

Time to go fishing...if DSG hasn't cleaned the lake out yet. :wave:

2. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Well if ya need any help in finding "DSG's spot" I'm here for ya.

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    lol

I'm thinkin the other thread is all about Caf4 just wanting someone to give up gps coordinates to DSG's spot !

I'm with you Caf4, yesterday we had 70 and sunshine. Got the bike out and dusted her off and took my youngest boy riding for the afternoon. Spring is definately in the air.

4. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    I change out my spark plugs every 3 years-----:cheers:

5. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Hayzer....I'm 99% sure I know where you all were, but am still waiting for nimrod (aka: DSG...) to verify.

I'm pretty confident of catching a few at Truman and Stockton. I can catch 'em at MTL also but still looking for a consistent "keeper size" honey hole or two up there.

Plan on trying my luck at Truman in 3-4 weeks at the latest. I remember one trip last year that I caught 6 13 inchers in a row to complete my limit. Never seen anything like it.

Oh...BTW....there are NO good crappie in Truman Lake....the rest of you all should stay over there at LOZ or Pomme. :wave::D

6. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

Sorry ~ DSG confiscated the batteries for my GPS, before we left the dock.

Besides, I wouldn't want my first crappie fishing trip to be my last...

7. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Shoot, we could print the GPS data and there still wouldn't be too many that would be able to figure out how to GET IN there. And even if they did know, they'd prolly be scared to go. :D

And no, caf4, again, that ain't the spot. And I ain't kiddin neither. :)

8. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I'm thinking that I'll hitting "the spot" again this Wednesday.

9. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Those fish need a rest Hayzer. I believe we'll go somewhere a little more off the beaten paff. :D

10. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh......and Hayzer, how's the wiff gonna feel about having her picture plastered all over the net?

And will you be driving the "car?" :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

11. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Well, that 1% will kill you every time... :D

12. gdog

gdog New Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Good but you need to work with your boat more than that

13. WhiteTailer

WhiteTailer Active Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Centralia
    might want to look at the DATES of POSTS before responding..