Blues

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by rat, Nov 4, 2010.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Heckuva goal just now by perron...

Are the blues for real??? :bowing:

2. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    Perron goes balls to the walls every shift. I love it. And yes, the Blues look legit.

3. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Their winning percentage at home is up a bit from last year. :D A lot more fun to watch and the goaltending seems better. :D :2thumbsup:

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1880860&tid=130990&author=buckwacker181]Perron goes balls to the walls every shift. I love it. And yes, the Blues look legit.[/rquote]
    REALLY nice to see him coming into his own. I like the fact that backes and others finish every shift they have and work together.
    That along with Halek keeping things tight on every night and we may have a real contender this year.
    Halek has flat stoned marleau a couple of times tonight... wow

5. I am afraid to watch it and jinx them :D

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1880867&tid=130990&author=Gamegetter]Their winning percentage at home is up a bit from last year. :D A lot more fun to watch and the goaltending seems better. :D :2thumbsup:[/rquote]
    The netminding isnt just better, its 200% better. LOL
    I know what you mean though Joe... its nice to have someone like halek in the pipes. Been quite a while since we have had some consistency there.
    Lets hope (and I shutter to say this) that he dont get injured. :eek:

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1880887&tid=130990&author=Pipe]I am afraid to watch it and jinx them :D[/rquote]
    We'll go to a home game here in december pipe and you can jinx them then... as long as you drive and we get that VIP parking you have access to. lol :D

8. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I wish I could watch them over here.:cheers:

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1880907&tid=130990&author=DADAKOTA]I wish I could watch them over here.:cheers:[/rquote]
    By all accounts, it sure looks promising this year Dave... wish you were here, sometimes anyway. :D

10. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Nice, real nice. You forget, I grew up over there. We had Blues season tickets up until the late 70s.:cheers:

11. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    These kids are definitely fun to watch. :cheers::claphands:

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1880976&tid=130990&author=DADAKOTA]Nice, real nice. You forget, I grew up over there. We had Blues season tickets up until the late 70s.:cheers:[/rquote]
    Nope.. didnt forget, just giving you some trouble with that very thing in mind!!
    :cheers::cheers:

13. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Backes sure wishes he had that one back earlier. :D Halak was excellent tonight. Blues win. :cheers::cheers::eek:::eek::

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    3 shutouts this season... dang, wish I had him on my fantasy squad.

Halak is great. :claphands:

15. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    Did you feel sorry for Backes? I don't know if I've ever seen a more open net missed at point blank range. I'm glad that didn't come back to hurt us.

Halak looked great tonight. I haven't got to see too much Blue's hockey this year, but he has looked great from what I've seen and of course the proof is in the pudding.

It seems like we already have more home wins than we did all last season. :eek: :D

16. still got that front row spot and i might take ya up on that offer ratster :D hmmm now if we could only afford a designated driver :thinking:

17. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1881070&tid=130990&author=Pipe]still got that front row spot and i might take ya up on that offer ratster :D hmmm now if we could only afford a designated driver :thinking:[/rquote]
    :wave:

18. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Halak's the real deal

What should concern everyone is the fact we went 0-7 on the powerplay and gave up about 6 breakaways or 2x1's while on the powerplay.

BTW, I thought Thorton's hit was good :shrug:

19. JrNation88

JrNation88 New Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    I'm gettin excited and its still early!! So far it does look legit because they have been consistent and playing hard, not just going through the motions. Didn't like the powerplay though, something to work on :cheers:

20. Gamegetter

Jan 21, 2004
    7 Wins in a row!!!! What a great game. Steen played hard and got a really nice goal plus an empty netter.