Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
potentially, correct? not confirmed yet, or has it been???? at what point does the NHL step in and postphone the game?? They certainly did in the regular season?
All missed practice skate today. One can only speculate. It’s been reported Perron didn’t even make the trip.

·
Registered
21,657 Posts
he NHL retested some teams for COVID-19 on Wednesday after what it believed were false positive results from one U.S.-based lab on Tuesday.

The St. Louis Blues were one of at least two playoff teams impacted, both of which were scheduled to play Wednesday night.

"We have discovered discrepancies in Covid test results relating to multiple players," Doug Armstrong, the Blues' president of hockey operations and general manager, said in a statement. "We have been in touch with and are working with the league to address these discrepancies with additional testing and expect to have further information later this afternoon. The league will provide a further update when we have more information."

The Blues were the only active team to have players on the NHL's COVID-related absences list Tuesday. Forward David Perron, their leading scorer, missed Game 1 of their series with the Colorado Avalanche on Monday. Forward Nathan Walker and defenseman Jake Walman also were on the list.

The Blues said Jake Walman, on the COVID-related absences list Tuesday, was a rare "breakthrough case" of COVID after vaccination. Photo by Bruce Kluckhohn/NHLI via Getty Images
Walman was a notable absence because the Blues said he was the rare "breakthrough case" of COVID after vaccination. He was placed on the list May 12 after the team asked for additional testing.

An NHL source said the teams hoped for a resolution of the testing issue by the afternoon.

There is still consistent testing of players in the Stanley Cup playoffs, but the NHL announced earlier in May that it would be easing COVID restrictions for U.S. teams once 85% of their traveling party was fully vaccinated. Those teams could have players gather in groups and not undergo PCR testing on off days, among other perks.

Well over 100 NHL players missed time in the regular season after going on the NHL's COVID-related absences list. Multiple teams had their seasons interrupted by COVID outbreaks, including the Vancouver Canucks, who were scheduled to finish their regular season on Wednesday, the same day as Game 3 of the first round for Boston and Washington.

·
Registered
21,657 Posts
is there a chance Perron can play as well? He would technically have 3 negatives as of today?????

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thinking Perron should be good especially if the test that kept him out of Monday’s game cane from the same lab throwing the false positives...

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Perron remains in the “bubble” so no Perron tonite. The rest of the Blues players have been cleared to play...

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
When’s the concert start??? 😉

LGB!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,657 Posts
To their deer it, the Blues are not giving up! But, it feels like the beatings Rocky took, likely without the story book endings

·
Vendor
63,515 Posts
They need 2 more of those power plays.

Reactions: jsr and 20'

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Well they made a game of it at least. Still ain’t gonna beat them guys though. MacKinnon is a beast on a mission. The only chance STL has is if he goes down to injury.

·
Registered
21,657 Posts
The talent gap between the teams is just too great to overcome! Luckily, Binnington is a big time goalie or we might lose each game by two touchdowns!!! I think we can stop with the non sense that the Blues are a heavy team!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Had to bet a case of beer against the Blues. Got a phone call from a certain Blues fan last night. Said the Blues were going to win their series. So I took the Avs and a 2-0 series lead for a case of beer. If I lose I have to pay him a case of seltzer.

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Well I would love to see the blues win but who the hell would want to place that bet, down by two and missing your top point guy and three d men??

Hope you have to buy him some seltzer

I’ll be there tonight hoping for the best.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts