Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sissies is putting it nicely and Hoffman flat out sucks balls! Vegas may ring up 10 on us tonight and blues won’t check anyone!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Maybe Krug will get a 3/4 rink run at someone just to bounce off of them.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe Krug will get a 3/4 rink run at someone just to bounce off of them.
You may be right, it he is as tough as any of the other sissies we have on the roster!

time for the coach to go, you can’t trade the team!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You may be right, it he is as tough as any of the other sissies we have on the roster!

time for the coach to go, you can’t trade the team!
Coach can only play the roster he has. Vegas and Colorado are just superior teams. The losses to the Ducks though is pathetic. So far, it’s looking like Petro and Boumeester were the key pieces that made the Blues tough to score against. Been a long time since we’ve had any toughness, really. Maroon at least wasn’t scared to take punishment in front of the opposing teams net.

The balance of speed and size is pretty critical. STL went for more speed and sacrificed size. Bad choice it appears. But all in all, the revolving injuries makes it hard to get any continuity going. They might as well call up some promising rookies and give them some ice time. Whatever it is that they’re doing now surely isn’t working.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coach can only play the roster he has. Vegas and Colorado are just superior teams. The losses to the Ducks though is pathetic. So far, it’s looking like Petro and Boumeester were the key pieces that made the Blues tough to score against. Been a long time since we’ve had any toughness, really. Maroon at least wasn’t scared to take punishment in front of the opposing teams net.

The balance of speed and size is pretty critical. STL went for more speed and sacrificed size. Bad choice it appears. But all in all, the revolving injuries makes it hard to get any continuity going. They might as well call up some promising rookies and give them some ice time. Whatever it is that they’re doing now surely isn’t working.
I don’t disagree with any of this, but why on earth start Husso?

·
Registered
18,601 Posts
Blues Schedule isn't getting any easier either.... When you have a team that is consistently unable to execute initiate hits, finish hits, stick handle and shoot... your fooked!

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, more important than boumeester and petro was the horrendous 5 minute major against the Vegas knights! I highly doubt the blues beat the knights in the playoffs and therefore would have never won the Cup! SoOO Happy they did, but have to be honest!

·
Registered
18,601 Posts
To be fair when was the last time Husso or Bennington stole a game? Defense has been lacking, offense isn’t coming back to help out/lack luster forechecking ... throw all of those inadequacies in the pot and you get your St. Louis Blues....

·
Registered
33,524 Posts
Toughness is 90+% mental. Size is vastly over rated in the kindler gentler NHL. I don't know much about Berube, but he strikes me as the kind of coach whose message might wear out quick... Especially if he coaches like he played.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Back to back games. Appears to me he thought the Vegas game wasn’t as winnable so he put in the back up instead of the #1.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be fair when was the last time Husso or Bennington stole a game? Defense has been lacking, offense isn’t coming back to help out/lack luster forechecking ... throw all of those inadequacies in the pot and you get your St. Louis Blues....
Games are not stealable with the sloppy way they play in the d-zone. Even though the blues were throttled on the score board, they had plenty of high percentage scoring chances and just cannot score on hit the goalie with the puck on point blank shots that are harder to miss than they are to find the twine! so, IF and big if, they make the playoffs things could come together. I’m not asking the Blues to fight or run all over to hit someone, but play the body when the opportunity presents and finish a check or two. It seems the opponents know the blues peel off and that is a nice luxury for a team

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,517 Posts
They have gone from being one of the most fun teams to watch, to almost unbearable.....

They are getting people back, now someone needs to find their backbone....

Looks like they are mailing it in.

Reactions: 20'

·
Under appreciated
86,438 Posts
664 days ago they won the stanley cup.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,517 Posts
664 days ago they won the stanley cup.
What's your point? Winning the cup in 2019 has nothing to do with their performance on the Ice today.

I am still elated over the 2019 cup win, maybe best sporting moment ever for me... Right up there with 2011 World Series win, and 2000 Superbowl, which now has tarnish all over it thanks to the evil stan k.

·
Under appreciated
86,438 Posts
Nothing... just that it has been 664 days since winning the cup and evidently a lot can change in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's your point? Winning the cup in 2019 has nothing to do with their performance on the Ice today.

I am still elated over the 2019 cup win, maybe best sporting moment ever for me... Right up there with 2011 World Series win, and 2000 Superbowl, which now has tarnish all over it thanks to the evil stan k.
yep, like having to play the very best two teams in the league an abnormal amount of time:)

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,517 Posts
Nothing... just that it has been 664 days since winning the cup and evidently a lot can change in a short amount of time.
Anyone who expected them to hoist the cup again in the following couple years after winning it, is surely hoping for one of the longest of shots in sport. Repeating as cup champ is probably harder than any of the major sports. But, I did expect them to be a decent team for a while yet.... They may snap out of it, but no signs are pointing to it. But, turn the clock back to Jan 2019, and I'd of said same thing... :D

Reactions: 20'

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone who expected them to hoist the cup again in the following couple years after winning it, is surely hoping for one of the longest of shots in sport. Repeating as cup champ is probably harder than any of the major sports. But, I did expect them to be a decent team for a while yet.... They may snap out of it, but no signs are pointing to it. But, turn the clock back to Jan 2019, and I'd of said same thing... :D
make the playoffs and anything is possible. They certainly have talent.... but right now a scoring on 3.6% of their shots!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts