Blue ribbon Trout question

Discussion in '(MDC) General Information' started by timberdoodle, Jun 17, 2016.

1. timberdoodle

timberdoodle Senior Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Stanton mo
    My wife and I will be floating the Eleven point river from Greer Springs down to Whitten next week . The first half of this float , down to Turners mill , we'll be in the blue ribbon section where only artificial flies and lures are allowed and soft plastic and natural baits are prohibited . The second half is white ribbon where anything goes . My question is , are we allowed to have soft plastic baits in our tackle box while in the blue ribbon section of the river ? I realize it would be a violation to have soft plastic on the line in this stretch of river , but I'd like to have the whole arsenal for the second stretch of the trip . Thanks in advance

2. Maconplc

Maconplc Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I don't see anything in the regs about having other items in possession while in the blue ribbon area so as long as it's not attached to your line, you should be fine. Also, be aware that felt or porous soled waders may not be possessed on the entire Eleven Point River.

Have a great trip! I hope to be down on the Eleven Point next week.