Blue and grey Oct. 22- Nov 6

Discussion in 'Special Hunts' started by snyders, Aug 30, 2016.

1. snyders

snyders New Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Anyone have any advice on hunting blue and grey park during a rut hunt? Finally got drawn after 6 years! I don't need anything in great detail maybe just a starting point.

2. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Get in a tree and sit all day. They're not too hard to find out there.

3. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    I sure wish my aunts family wouldn't have sold that land back in the day.
    My cousin thinks so too

4. mkelsey40

mkelsey40 Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Jackson County Mo
    Like said above, find a spot you like and just wait it out. You will see deer out there. I hunted out there a few years ago and I found my best spot wasn't far from the road or the crappers.

5. snyders

snyders New Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks for the advice everybody. That's kinda my plan take 2 weeks off and get familiar with a tree lol. About the time I'd start my all day sits anyways.

6. snyders

snyders New Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Can honestly say this was the worst hunting experience I've had. For a number of reasons. The park is left open for riding during hunting. There are horse trails literally everywhere even if you find a little nook where there are no trails people will still decide to ride by you. Not to mention people riding hate the fact that you're hunting in there. I was called "scum", flipped off, cussed at all as I'm sitting in a tree just minding my own business. I watched dogs of the riders run through the woods chasing deer off. One day I watched a group of 25 riders walk by and say "we'll all scream as loud as we can in the woods so we scare the deer to you; and that's exactly what they proceeded to do the entire trip through the woods I was hunting. Anyways just my opinion not my type of hunting. My rants over.

7. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    Should have called whoever is in charge ,,,Thats harassment