Bloodtrail 1 trail cam pic

Discussion in 'Trail Cam Photos & Pics from the stand' started by Cburrows_tx, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Ok guys here it is. Full pic and then zoomed!!! What is your thoughts on the critter?

[file]142993[/file]

[file]142991[/file]

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    bobbie on the run.

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    That is what I think too!

4. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    most definitely a kitty of some sort.

expert opinion of course. :D

5. its a mountain line that gots it tail shortened by a cosmetic surgeon :D

6. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
  7. Bones-N-Beards

Bones-N-Beards Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Centralia,MO
    looks like some kind of dog to me, never seen a cat with a tail that short, and looks awful dark to me to be a bobby, not to mention that would be one big bobby, JM:02:

8. Bloodtrail 1

Bloodtrail 1 Grand PooBah

Dec 11, 2007
    Missouri
    The sun has the side shaded. I don't think it looks like a dog at all. Its definately a cat IMHO. I think the head and the size say possible mountain lion, but the tail doesn't add up. We have a buck pic that is in the same area and its about 3 times larger from guessing. So that would put this thing at approx. 60-70 lbs +. If its a bobcat, it a huge one.

9. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    Its a farm cat, not a bob. Compare the size of the vegetation to the relation of the cat.

10. Bloodtrail 1

Dec 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Whats a farm cat? You mean a house (domestic) cat? I think its way too big.

11. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    I'm judging by the vegetation from that distance, its too small to be a bobbie, just a farm cat(domestic.)

12. Bloodtrail 1

Dec 11, 2007
    Missouri
    I think its just the opposite, way too big for a domestic cat. I think this thing will go 50+ lbs for sure. Like I said, comparing it to a buck pic standing in the same area, its bout 1/3 the size. A domestic cat would be about 1/20 the size.

13. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The head is cat shaped and the tail is short like a bobcat. So I would think bobcat also.

14. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
  15. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    can you post the buck pic your talking about for reference?

16. Bloodtrail 1

Dec 11, 2007
    Missouri
    [rquote=1863318&tid=129730&author=hunter7x] can you post the buck pic your talking about for reference? [/rquote]

I don't have it, but I can get it, may take a day or so.

17. Bones-N-Beards

Bones-N-Beards Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Centralia,MO
    Yeah I guess i'd have to see it in relation to the buck, just doesn't look like any bobcat i've ever seen, weird for sure

18. Bones-N-Beards

Bones-N-Beards Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Centralia,MO
    just looks awful dark even for sun shading, definately looks more like a mountain lion, size wise and such, but the tail looks too short unless it's swung around to the left hiding part of it from where the camera can see it all, which is possible. Hard to even let it come out of my mouth but it really does resemble a panther, which is just an akwardly pigmented mountain lion anyway

19. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    I dont think its a bobcat,and I dont think its a housecat.And althought the tail looks bobbed it may just be to the side and appear bobbed.Ok I go with mtn lion