Blood and Mud.........Doe and Yote down with Nocturnal

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Cedar Thicket, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Friday night

Shot the doe at 20 yards 45min before dark. Nocturnal went through her and into a creek overflow pool. As it got closer to dark, I could see the lighted nock glowing under the water. The nock still works even though it was submerged for more than 2 hours. Thought that was pretty cool.

Yote came in Really late. Shot him at 22 yards.

Doe laying dead 30 yards one way, Yote dead 22 yards the other way......:claphands:

Saw a total of 5 Coyotes, 2 bobcats, and 2 bald eagles over the weekend...........Not an overwhelming amount of deer activity though.....

[file]147034[/file] [file]147036[/file]

2. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Good goind:banana-man-yeah:

3. mx1alex

mx1alex #HFBO

Mar 26, 2008
    #HFBO
    Nice work! You like getting your pic taking on your fourwheeler don't you:D

4. ckbuck

ckbuck New Member

Feb 24, 2010
  5. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    :eek::

Good work, sounds like a good sit!

Good thing you wore that purple sweatshirt so we knew it was you!

6. Cedar Thicket

[rquote=1887433&tid=131491&author=Hoytshooter]:eek::

Good work, sounds like a good sit!

Good thing you wore that purple sweatshirt so we knew it was you! [/rquote]

Yeah, must be my favorite cool-weather shirt!!!! that and my 4-wheeler pics!!! I noticed that after I posted it....LOL....:D:D

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a pretty cool double! :cheers:

I guess we can call that your 4-wheeling shirt.:D

8. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    Someone has what I would call a predator problem. Time to go trapping

9. Cedar Thicket

[rquote=1887453&tid=131491&author=judah]Someone has what I would call a predator problem. Time to go trapping[/rquote]

Yep, during the early night sometimes we turn around in a circle listening to one pack of yotes, start another pack of yotes, and so on.........weve heard a total of 8 packs in a matter of 2 minutes....

I could have blasted one bobcat at 15 yards. I just wasn't sure it was legal at that second, and not sure I wanted to mount it.........not really sure - just didn't shoot it.........:shrug:

10. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
  11. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
    [rquote=1887462&tid=131491&author=Cedar Thicket][rquote=1887453&tid=131491&author=judah]Someone has what I would call a predator problem. Time to go trapping[/rquote]

Yep, during the early night sometimes we turn around in a circle listening to one pack of yotes, start another pack of yotes, and so on.........weve heard a total of 8 packs in a matter of 2 minutes....

I could have blasted one bobcat at 15 yards. I just wasn't sure it was legal at that second, and not sure I wanted to mount it.........not really sure - just didn't shoot it.........:shrug:

[/rquote]

Good choice on the bobcat, not legal till Nov 15th :cheers:

12. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[rquote=1887462&tid=131491&author=Cedar Thicket][rquote=1887453&tid=131491&author=judah]Someone has what I would call a predator problem. Time to go trapping[/rquote]

[/rquote]
    Good thing you didn't shoot the bobcat. The season for them doesn't start till 11/15/10.

13. Cedar Thicket

See, knew it was a good decision for some really good reason........:)

14. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    congrats on the double.........love smackin them yotes with the bow.

15. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006

[/rquote]

had 5 packs sounding off around the farm last night, all on our property. after deer season we are going hard core after some yotes. its getting out of hand...fast

16. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    how far did the bald eagle get before it died:peepwall:

17. TomMcD

TomMcD New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Central MO
    [rquote=1888777&tid=131491&author=winger]how far did the bald eagle get before it died:peepwall:[/rquote]

I heard they taste just like chicken hawks.:peepwall: