Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought arrows and I am gonna put some 2" blazers on half of em for indoor league only.

Do you guys straight fletch those blazers or 4degree offset or what?
I only have right helical and straight clamps for my bitzy.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
I use a full right helical. What you'll find is that they are so short almost all the vanes come out the same on the shaft no matter what clamp you use.

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had considered that but I did see 2" vanes on carbons fletched with the right-helical and I could tell.
As far as the flight.. not sure for my indoor league if it will make a diff or not..
Hence, I'm asking folks here.
My first inclination is to fletch'em straight. Indoor 20yd league only is the purpose here.

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
Those Carbon Express Maximas 350 I bought have the 2 inch Blazers Straight on them. Seem to work great with my whisker bisket. I just got my straight attachment for my fletching machine in the mail today. I think they shoot better with the 2 inch straight than my old arrows with the 4 inch right helical.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,282 Posts
Rat, the blazers I had Sunday on mine were offset. As to what degree, I don't know.

Pay no attention to the shooter.:bangin:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I have them at a right helical and it is noticable. Shoot great through the WB and fly like a dream

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Center Punch
Anyone shoot them both straight, 4 degree, and helical so they know which config performed best??

I've got mine at pretty near straight, and two different shops fletched them that way without asking my prefference. In my ignorance, I thought it was because that's the proven and preferred method.
Um.. I think yours performed pretty dang well to say the least!

BTW.. I am fletching as we speak and the bitzenberger can be configured to do offsets
with the straight clamp.. :bangin:
I never bothered to read the directions or use the straight clamp.
Course I was shooting alums for so long that I was convinced that right helical was the way to go all these yrs.
I'll shootem tomorrow and let you know... got a slight offset going and they look great so far. :cheers:

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
I just got back from the archery shop where I bought some extra 2 inch Blazers. I'm going to re-fletch a few of my Carbon Express Maximas with helical just to compare them with the straight type. Since I shoot them through a whisker biscuit they may fly a bit different. Rat be sure to post real soon before I re-fletch mine. Wouldn't want to waste any time fooling around with it since you are going to do the work first. I don't think the helical in the 2 inch vanes will have as a dramatic effect as it would on the 4 inch vanes.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
the shop I go to fletches them with a straight bitz jig with 2 degree of offset.

the arrow seem to fly great out of a drop away or a biscuit. out of a biscuit though, my wife shoots 1.5" blazers. I have not tried the 2", but I would not expect them to fly much different.

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Mailman
I just got back from the archery shop where I bought some extra 2 inch Blazers. I'm going to re-fletch a few of my Carbon Express Maximas with helical just to compare them with the straight type. Since I shoot them through a whisker biscuit they may fly a bit different. Rat be sure to post real soon before I re-fletch mine. Wouldn't want to waste any time fooling around with it since you are going to do the work first. I don't think the helical in the 2 inch vanes will have as a dramatic effect as it would on the 4 inch vanes.
I'll report back but I use a dropaway MM.

I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon..

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
All of mine are offset, they work great. I would think they would also be great straight.

BTH

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Center Punch
I'm looking forward to hearing the results. :eek:

rat. I'm thinking Sunday was a fluke. The few groups since then aren't tight except for the 20yd pin.
But the worst part is now flat targets at known distances aren't fun anymore...:mad:
Well.. the blazers on my easton axis st's fletched on a very slight offset fly great.
Changing all my target arrows to this setup..
Seem faster too and Lord knows I can use all the help I can get in this category. :D
naw.. they do seem faster but who knows.. maybe I gain a few fps but its prolly negligible. Straight and narrow is what I want.

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yessir.. BTH has em that way and I believe that guy for sure.
Mine are only slightly offset.. functionally straight really.
Shoot away MM! Youre good to go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.