Blaser R8

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by venatic, Nov 4, 2010.

1. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Anybody know anything about this gun? I saw it last night on Gun Nuts and it seemed pretty unique. The way the bolt operated and how the whole trigger assembly comes out with the magazine was pretty interesting.

On the firing line, accuracy was pretty good too.

Here's a link to their website. http://www.blaser-usa.com/r8/

2. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Don't know anything about them, but if Blaser makes em, they are certain to be nice, and pricey too...:D

3. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    theyre good guns but i dont like the price tag

4. wolfgang

wolfgang Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    [rquote=1880506&tid=130940&author=dodge]theyre good guns but i dont like the price tag[/rquote]

I saw a R8 Pro listed around $2000-$2500 IIRC, additional barrels are at least upper hundreds and over $1000. Now the R8 is a steal compared the Blaser S2 that starts near $10,000. I would love to get a Blaser if I ever plan on some international dangerous game hunting, the action seems to be fast enough for most dangerous game.

5. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Never mind then. If I have to ask how much, I can't afford it.

6. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    one of those blaser rifle's is my dream gun

7. wolfgang

wolfgang Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    [rquote=1881680&tid=130940&author=Hoytshooter]one of those blaser rifle's is my dream gun[/rquote]

Which one? R8 bolt, S2 SxS rifle, R93 bolt (R8 is sort of an upgrade from the R93), K95 single shot, B95 O/U double rifle, B97 O/U shotgun rifle combo, or maybe even the B99 drilling that has 3 barrels?

8. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I've wanted one of the high end R93s for years, if the R8 is an upgraded version then I'd say that's on the wish list. If anyone is christmas shoppingfor me I'll take it in the 257 weatherby mag....and thanks in advance

If I were geTting it with the intention of it being a safe queen I'd get the drilling.