Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of gathering some information for an upcoming speech. I was just wondering what your stands are on using birth control in whitetailed deer are? Also, what states you know have used that method and what its effectiveness is. I am sure you guys will provide me with enough ammunition to convince my liberal peers that using birth control is a waste of time and money. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
The best form of birth control which has been proven time and time again is a few good bowhunters and a mess of Muzzy's !! lol

Some investigating on your part will turn up a lot of info I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
What's my stand?? Let nature take it's course. If we need to 'manage' deer, eliminate nuisances, then so be it!! :sniper:

I see this as a completely different thing than baiting raccoons with rabies vaccine - an intervention process I agree with (just to show that I am not completely 'hands-off').

·
Under appreciated
92,565 Posts
I heard that the timing had to be just right, and only lasts one season so it has to be done every year. Also, how do you keep track of which does you have darted?

Not very effective from what I have heard and a heckuva lot more expensive that letting some willing bowhunters control the herd.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Seems to me I read somewhere, that the trapping and administering the BC, had a pretty large amount of the deer stressed out and dead....

·
Under appreciated
92,565 Posts
There were trying to trap and relocate deer here in suburban st. louis (town and country) and the mortality rate was better than 70%. Relocating (other than to my freezer) dont work either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.